four

the weather was getting cooler by the second

the weather was getting cooler by the second. the sky was starting to look kind of gloomy since the start of the week, and so jake decided it was best to be prepared in case it rained. he got up after checking the weather on his phone, he took a shower and had some quick breakfast before getting ready for his first class. he grabbed his backpack and his really big umbrella. why did jake own a really big umbrella? that's simple, it covers him a lot better than an average sized one. not a single drop of water on his clothes.

the rest of the day proceeded smoothly, he had most of his classes (one teacher wasn't able to show up) and the ride to work was mostly empty. peaceful and nice. he was really looking forward to getting to the cafe, wanting to see the kitten again, and with some really good news! jake had talked to the landlady about bringing a cat over and she seemed perfectly fine with it, as long as he remembered to clean up after it. the neighbors would find cat poop pretty unpleasant and that wasn't good for her. or anyone really.

jake got out of the subway station and was about to reach his work place when he noticed the back of a guy that was only looking from the outside of the cafe. weird. why doesn't he go in? is it the first time he sees the place? maybe i can encourage him to buy something, the boss would love that.

"good afternoon, are you waiting for someone?" jake asked politely, catching the other's attention. then, the guy turned his face toward him, and suddenly jake was looking at a surprised heeseung, for the nth time. was he really that unexpected?

"oh! heeseung hyung! what brings you here?"

"i was actually looking for you" oh?

"really? how did you know to find me here?"

"you asked me before if i worked around this cafe, so i assumed you worked here. it's not really that popular so it was a bit strange you used this place as a reference" heeseung said matter-of-factly.

"right! wow heeseung hyung, you're clever" jake was speechless, but happy too. heeseung hyung had gone out of his way just to come see him. but was that all?

"why were you looking for me hyung?"

"well, um...i didn't think that far ahead, i was just wondering if you actually worked here, and you do so i guess i'll leave so you can go inside?"

"oh no, you came all the way here at least come inside and have some coffee. or tea! or a smoothie! whatever you fancy, it's on me" jake said proudly, treating friends when he could was one of his favorite things to do.
they both went inside, but jake had to change quickly into his work uniform. it made him look more mature, but then his goofy cute smile turned him his age.