forty five

"so, you planned this by yourself and got jungwon to help you try the recipes to make sure they were delicious enough for me?" jake had just listened to the whole story behind the picnic they were sharing

"so, you planned this by yourself and got jungwon to help you try the recipes to make sure they were delicious enough for me?" jake had just listened to the whole story behind the picnic they were sharing. he was feeling more and more embarrassed after learning what actually happened.

"yeah, i couldn't sleep so well knowing i wanted to impress you but having no knowledge of how to make these dishes," heeseung said.

"and all i did was let my anxiety get the best of me... god, i feel so stupid, i'm sorry for being so paranoid heeseungie," jake mumbled still feeling embarrassed.

heeseung shook his head and held jake's hands, "you don't ever have to apologize for that, i know how bad it feels to overthink as if there was no other thing that could be done. i'm the one that's sorry, i was too focused on the surprise that i really left you in the dark for a long time."

jake squeezed his hands and looked heeseung directly in the eyes with the softest gaze he had ever witnessed, "i missed you so bad heeseungie."

heeseung brought one of jake's hands to his face and gave it a tender kiss. jake knew his face was burning red but he didn't care, he would not look away from his boyfriend's entrancingly stunning eyes.

"i missed you as well jaeyunie. i promise not to pull something like this and neglect you ever again. i need you in my life, and i love you, my life," heeseung confessed.

without a warning jake was kissing heeseung's cheek over and over again, peppering him with tiny kisses all over his face as well. soon they ended up lying down, jake's body rested over heeseung's and they held each other, enjoying their company.

the music was just so calming and the lights made the ambience so endearing, being there with heeseung made jake inexplicably happy.

he reminisced about the beginning of their relationship just months back and how much it had changed to what they had now in the present. jake laughed a little thinking about the once shy heeseung he first met and how very different he was now.

heeseung made a questioning look and raised a brow in question.

jake shook his head lightly, "i was just remembering how you ran from me the first time we met. you fled the scene and left me rejected when i just wanted to get to know you."

now it was heeseung being embarrassed.

"come on, let's move on from that, please."

"never," jake teased while he laughed.

heeseung stayed quiet as he heard his boyfriend laugh. he could feel the movement of jake's stomach on his and it made him feel so blessed.

"i love hearing you laugh."

jake's smile lingered. "i love it when you make me laugh."

jake rested his chin over his hands that were on top of heeseung's chest; their eyes were leveled perfectly and they loved that as well.