𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

the situation was weirdly familiar

the situation was weirdly familiar. jake felt like he had come back to square one with heeseung, for some unidentified reason. okay, this wasn't entirely true... but jake felt a change in heeseung's behavior towards him.

for instance, heeseung wouldn't text him randomly in the morning so they could walk to uni together. instead, jake texted him once and heeseung did say yes, but the next few times he claimed he was late and wouldn't want jake to be late as well. strange indeed.

then, heeseung didn't stop as often at the cafe anymore. the last couple of weeks he would go and visit jake twice a day, or once at least. now, he hardly went there, and if he did he didn't engage in much conversation with jake. just made his order, payed and then left.

heeseung never ignored him though, so it was different from before. but jake still felt like heeseung had closed himself like he was before. another thing that happened was that he didn't catch him in the studio room of the building next to his where he had found him singing, it would be closed and heeseung-less. definitely strange.

they talked, but didn't last longer than 15 minutes doing so. this was starting to shake jake's insides and he dwelled on every little thing he could have done or said wrong. he felt insecure and it wasn't at all like him, he had never felt like this before. and because of that, he needed to vent badly.

"i just don't know how to approach him anymore. i can't believe i was so confident on telling him how i feel, now i just want him to talk to me. not just about whatever, but maybe about what's on his mind... maybe he just really doesn't like me that way and he noticed how i feel for him and now he distanced himself because he doesn't know how to reject me" jake ranted to finn, since he wasn't familiar with heeseung and had promised he'd help jake with heeseung.

"there is no way that's true, jake. he likes you, but maybe he's become shy again or something"

finn tried to convince jake to not give up. he knew how heeseung felt about jake because, well, he could see it in his eyes. except, finn didn't know about the video, so he was just as clueless about it as jake was. they had met somewhere different this time around, previously they studied at the park near jake's college. now, they were at the park near jake's work place, the cafe, since finn wanted to visit him that day and practice his hearing from all the customers.

"maybe something happened to him, like emotionally or in his family and that's why he's so distant. didn't you say you knew his roommate too?"

"yeah, jay hyung lives with him. maybe i could ask him about it, he also knows heeseung hyung's cousin so he might know... you're a genius finn!"

"right"

"ohhh, learning and using, are we? but yeah, you're also a genius because jay works at the restaurant on sundays!"