10

Reena held the black thread which was on her wrist, which had small photo of her bappa to her chest taking deep breaths.

Her heartbeat accelerated. It was threatening her, telling her that still how much broken she saw. Still, how much of fear was inside her, that she hadn't yet get rid of and she never will.

No matter how much she gathered the pieces and starts to assemble them to create a new Reena, he has to come and shatter her.

The past was staining her present and it will keep on doing that. Because she was his branded possession, a doll.

Tear after tear rolled down her cheeks no matter how much she tried to hold them back. As if they and mind of their own. She held the thread in her hand to her chest tightly, seeking for comfort, strength.

Then she felt his presence beside her and immediately wiped her tears not wanting him to see her pathetic self. But still, the heart beat was thundering in her chest, panicking her, making her breaths shallow, slowing down the oxygen supply.

Rocky saw Reena taking deep breaths, avoiding his gaze, looking outside from the window. He felt his stone heart clenching. He should have done something more worse than breaking his hand only.

That bastard will pay for every single tear of his shona.

After a while of Reena calming down herself a bit, the helicopter has already started and they were flying up. Rocky didn't say anything. He thought about her need some time to process whatever just happened.

Reena played with fabric of her lehnga finally opening her mouth. "Woh- woh jinda hai?" She hated the way she stuttered while asking.

(Is- is he alive?)

Rocky sighed leaning back. He instead asked her question, "Tumhe kya lagta hai? Uske sath kya kiya jaye-"

(What do you think? What do you want to do with him-)

"Aaj tak maine joh chaha waisa kabhi hua nahi hai." Reena cut him off, letting out a painful chuckle.

(Till now, what I wanted has never happened.)

There fell a silence before rocky said,"Lekin ab sab kuch jaisa meri Shona chahegi vaisa hi hoga."

(But now everything will happen as my Shona wants.)

Reena took a shaky breathe and looked up in his eyes. They held promise, assurance, love... She had to close her eyes and sigh. This man and his words will surely definitely give her heart attack. Whatever he did there was insane! And here he was again saying things like this. "Oh god...please!"

Rocky chuckled and pulled out his cigarette. Placing it between his lips, he was about to lit it but reena pulled it and threw down, then crushing it under her flats. Rocky gave her a look but Reena glared at him saying, "Mrke toh jalna hi hai. Toh kyu khudko jalaake maar rahe ho?"

(Anyways, you will get burnt after death. So, why are you trying to burn yourself alive?)

He grinned and bowed his head at his queen, accepting his defeat. Reena smiled finally. And again her fingers started to brush over the thread on her wrist.

"Yeh kya hai?" She heard rocky asking curiously.

(What is this?)

Reena looked down at her wrist where Rocky had his eyes. A small smile tugged her lips as happy memories of her childhood came into her mind. "Yeh mere bappa hai." She answered.

(He is my bappa.)

Rocky gave her a boring look. "Tum bhagwan pe bharosa karti ho?"

(You believe in god?)