32

Reena watched Rocky as he stared at the ocean.

She could see hidden muscles and sinews that pull the world's weight in him. He sometimes appear as self-made mystery, of the things destroyed by his own sinful hands.

But yet there was a version of him- he hides from the world. The human hidden inside that monster.

And that human side of him only feel secure around her. Knowing that she won't harm him or take advantage of his fragility. Instead she will cradle him, keep safe in her arms, give her pure love and warmth.

Rocky's mother was his everything. And when he lost his everything- he became numb and empty. That's when the monster take over and Rocky let him. He let himself be the cruel and merciless, greedy bastard.

But monsters like him are made of wounds.

And she will help him heal those wounds.

Feel the cracks, pouring her love and care in them, helping the skin to knit itself together and make him whole.

She love his both sides. The broken and fragile human and the greedy, cruel monster...All his looks, all his actions, and him entirely and altogether.

Reena started taking each step closer to Rocky, counting her every breathe. Her feet got sink in sand, sea wind tangling itself in her hair.

As if Rocky felt her presence he turned around and saw her walking towards him. The smile she wore was- he couldn't properly wrapped his mind around it, not understanding what it mean. But whatever the reason behind her smile was- her smile was beautiful. The sunset's beauty wouldn't be compare to it.

So beautiful that it took his breath away.

He watched her, but frowned as instead of just coming to him she circled him. Her soft hand slid in his, as she stood at his left side, turning him towards her so the setting sun was their background.

Reena remembered the first time she met this troublesome man, whom she had fallen helplessly in love with now. His drunken state circling her with stumbling legs watching her from head to toe.

She didn't fall in love with him. It wasn't accident or something that happened without her recognization.

No, it wasn't like that at all. She saw him, meet him, got to know him and now Want to love him.

She had make that choice and was going to stick by it because loving him or being loved by him was something so deeply worth it.

It was fulfilling and moving and powerful... that she need it, in her soul she crave it.

Reena chuckled. She was doomed.

"Congratulations, Mr. Bairiya." Rocky raised his eyebrow at her, curious to know what was going in her mind or whatever she was planning on doing.

Reena moved her face closer to his ear and Rocky moved his head a little down in reflection without knowing. And the words repeated in his ears.

"I love you."

Her soft and sweet voice singing melody in his ears but his body went still. So mired in his thoughts, it took seconds for him to register what he just heard. He felt Reena's tender lips pressing on his cheek as she backed away, showing him her thousands watts smile making him blind with the light she posses.

Rocky let out a shaky breathe he didn't know he was holding. He was so desperate to hear those words from her but now when he heard, it felt quite unreal. So, he asked again.

"K- kya?" (wha- what?)

Reena laughed at his stuttering, loving the way she could make him lost at words just like he does to her. Grabbing his other hand also, she intertwined their fingers together her heart fluttering at how perfectly they fitted into eachother, filling the gaps between them.