18

Rocky was staring blankly at nothing. His mind clouded with so many distributing thoughts.

Where did he went wrong? Was he really this scary with her?

He loved seeing fear in people's eyes. He desire to see them shaking infront of him with terror. Frightened just by hearing his name.

That's what he had shaped himself as in these twenty years.

A monster.

But hearing that, he is scaring his shona hurted him.

He inhaled a very deep smoke and then exhale it slowly.

"No!!!!please don't!!!!"

His senses went on alert hearing Reena's screams. Without thinking, he immediately rushed out of his room throwing the cigarette, grabbing the gun on the nightstand.

Her screams increased as he neared her room. He saw guards rushing to her room also, with their guns.

Rocky opened the door harshly, his eyes scanning her room but found no one else other than reena who was wriggling in her sleep, screaming. His heart sank seeing her writhing like that in agony. Throwing his gun on the floor he rushed to her bed.

Reena's face was soaked in tears, her eyes shut tightly, hands gripped the blanket in hold as she screamed, "No. Stop!! Please don't!!! Shekhar, I am sorry please!!!"

Hearing Shekhar's name Rocky felt his veins popping in rage. That bastard was not leaving his shona even in her sleep.

"Please...don't!"

Reena's another begging brought rocky back as he anxiously sat on the bed beside Reena. And held her hand into his. But reena jerked away mumbling, "No! Don't touch me! Please!"

He didn't know what to do to reduce her pain. To get her out of the nightmare she was having. He tried again, and let his shaky hand went under her head pulling her to him. His another hand went to hold her hand again even though she was jerking her hand away, he held it firmly in his.

He was hesitating to go close to her. Afraid of hurting her in any way once again but it was necessary to get her out of that bad dream, to get her sleep so Rocky buried his face into her curtain and mumbled into her ear, "Shuh...kuch nahi hua, shona. Tum safe ho."

(Shuh...nothing happened, shona. You are safe.)

Reena's screamed slowly died down but still her eyes were shut tightly, she was restless. Her hand now held back Rocky's, squeezing it.

"Kuch nahi hoga tumhe. Tum meri ho aur tumhe koi kuch nahi kar sakta." Rocky murmured to her, kissing the side of her head.

(Nothing will happen to you. You are mine and no one can hurt you anymore.)

Reena relaxed after few minutes as if Rocky's words did a magic on her and took back her pain and fear. The frown on her eyebrows soothed down and she turned to him seeking for comfort and warmth.

Rocky stilled when reena wrapped her hands around him. He didn't touch her, backing away his hands from her, scared.

He was unable to let her go but terrified to hold her close.

He let her hold him and get back to sleep. And himself stayed awake to fight back the demons which will come to disturb his shona's sleep.

*****

Reena cuddled into the warmth more feeling like she hadn't got sleep like in years. Her hands brushed the texture of cloth, feeling it was not same as her pillow.