21

Reena got off her scooty and parked it carefully among the other vehicles parked outside.

Then she pulled out her black coat, wearing it. Brushing her long hair back, a smile filled with fulfillment tugged on her lips. It was first time she could say that she was feeling proud of being a lawyer or that she deserve to wear this black coat.

Her eyes fell on Ria, who was coming out of her car. Her eyes had that frown in between, as she held her stomach letting out a groan.

"Ow my stomach!" Ria groaned. Reena smirked and made her way to Ria.

Titling her head completely to the right side infront ria, she asked innocently, "Mere aane ki wajah se tumhare sar mein dard hona chahiye, pet mein kyu dard ho raha hai?"

(Because of my arrival you should get headache, why your stomach is paining?)

Ria startled at her the sudden voice beside her, but then glared at Reena making Reena let out a laugh.

"Best of luck for the trial, darling."

_____________________________________

Ria covered her bruised body, her eyes shedding the tears which were real to everyone.

Reena watched the cruelty, the bad winning again with tears in her eyes.

Just the only difference was that- this time she was on the side of truth.

She was failed.

Again. By Ria. By herself.

Ria turned her head to Reena, a malicious smirk on her face as she left while mocking Reena.

Everything was on their side, even Ria's friend also came to stand opposite to Ria, claiming that how ria was obsessed with sameer and whatever she had done before this. Even told that Ria was taking psychiatric treatment since last few years.

Everything...everything was on their side but ria threw a bomb and the game changed.

She showed her bruised, full of scars body in court claiming that sameer caused it which of course, he didn't.

The police were taking sameer from the court. As he passed by Reena he stopped. Staring into Reena's tear filled eyes, he gave her small smile making Reena feel more ashamed of herself.

"I am sorry." Reena whispered. Sameer shook his head wiping the tear which rolled down her cheek saying softly, "Don't."

He knew, this was going to happen. He knew he had no chance of winning and to run away from Ria. He was aware of his fate.

"But thank you." He said, holding her hand. "Take care of yourself." And then police dragged him.

Reena let out sob, her hands clenched into fists at her sides in anger towards herself, in shame for herself that she couldn't save Sameer.

She had to because...because of her he was there. Because he confessed that he love her and that's why he was suffering.

And loving someone is not a crime.

*****
While wiping her tears Reena made her way out only to be interrupted by Ria voice.

"Haar man li?"

(You gave up?)

Reena didn't turn around but stood there as Ria came infront of her. Her lips twitching into a evil proud grin as she folded her arms saying, "Tumne hi woh line mari thi right? 'Jitna meri aadat hai aur aadatein main chhodti nahi.' " She tried to mimic Reena's voice.