40

Rocky was flicking his golden lighter in his hand as he talked with Guru Pandiyan. This old man's face enraged him but he had to deal with him- for a little more time. But this 'little more time' he was talking about was extending too much than he thought.

Actually he can't rule this empire by himself, alone- yeah, his queen's with him but he need reliable partners. Which he really don't have...first this man sitting infront of him- he was the reason behind his shona's pain, talking about andrews- Rocky killed his right hand (Daya) and left a pile of dead bodies into his house last time so, andrews would definitely chew any chance he would get to destroy Rocky And that old man leaning on a stick- he didn't directly have harm Rocky but his spoilt brat had given alot of headache...so, to include all of that none of them had in anyway liked him being the sultan of KGF- not that Rocky need it.

While talking Rocky glanced at the door where Kasim chacha appeared soon entering inside telling that he need to be outside right now for something urgent. Nodding, he took one last sip of the alcohol placing the half-finished glass there and that's when his eyes caught Reena as she came inside the same room.

He knitted his eyebrows asking her what she need with gaze but she shook her head. He gathered her into his arms before pecking her cheek and left with Kasim chacha. Reena watched his figure descending the stairs and entered in the room where Guru Pandiyan was.

"Hello, partner!!!" She exclaimed, taking the seat of Rocky. A cocky grin similar to Rocky which Guru Pandiyan recognised as he glanced at her before looking at the chess on the table to his left side. Reena actually came here to take that chess to Rocky's and hers room as the kids wanted to learn it again.

She leaned forward as Guru Pandiyan didn't reply to her. Pointing at the King on the chess board Guru Pandiyan said, "Yeh Raja...the most strong and powerful piece on the chess board but also the most vulnerable to attack."

Then pointing at the queen he continued, "Aur yeh Raani jaal mein fas kar khel haar jati hai."

(And this queen falls into the trap and loses the game.)

Reena let out laugh. "Tumne pehle bhi Rocky aur mujhe galat samjha tha aur abhi bhi galat samjh rahe ho."

(You had misunderstood Rocky and me before and are still misunderstanding us.)

Pointing at the King Reena said, "Bhale hi Raja kamjor ho lekin usse protect karne ke liye uski Raani capable hoti hai."

(Even if the king is weak, his queen is strong enough to protect him.)

Picking up the queen from the board she stared at it. "And Queen is more powerful than you think. She is patient and always ahead of her opponent's plans. She is both subtle and deceitful, able to disguise her intentions. She makes her own path and moves the way she wants. And-"

Reena placed queen back on the board, winning the losing game as she completed her sentence. "She rarely loses a game of chess."

Guru Pandiyan matched her gaze, his jaw clenched. He leaned back. Reena grinned in victory.

There fell few seconds silence between them before Reena broke it with a statement making Guru Pandiyan burn in anger. She flipped her hair back from her shoulder fingers tapping on the table. "I don't get one thing. Why suryavardhan  of all people chose you as his partner?"

Guru Pandiyan slammed his fist on the table standing up, his body shaking in rage. "Tum-!"

"Hush..." Reena shut him down. "Yeh mera ghar hai. Aawaj niche."

Guru Pandiyan gritted his teeth, and sat back with a huff. He needed to complete the remaining conversation with Rocky otherwise he would have just left.