Chapter 2- Daisy

Chapter 2- Daisy

When I first greeted the curly haired boy at the top of the nursery's stone steps I have to admit I did recognise his face. He had never come to the nursery but of course I had heard of him before. One Direction is a mega famous pop group who's always found themselves a way into the tabloids- especially Harry.

I lied when I said I had never of heard of them because I've heard how cocky and stupid that guy can be and if I had told him I had heard of them he'd probably assume I was a fan, like my friend Julie is.

I was surprised by her actually. She is as big of a fan as she told Harry that she was and she's always going on about them. But because she's said so much about the boys, most of the information and screams go through one side of my head and out through the other. I always ignore her.

I know, I'm such a good friend.

Their songs are so bloody catchy that sometimes when I come across one of the band's tunes on the radio when I'm in the car, I just want to crash into the vehicle in front of me. I'm not a fan of pop music, even though I do tend to listen to Radio 1 a lot at home.

It's all about the rock and the indie for me. Artists like Jake Bugg and Kate Nash inspire me with their lyrics and what they actually mean. What the story is about behind the words. Whereas One Direction's songs would take me probably 10 seconds to write.

Yes, I know I'm judging them by their covers and I don't know what they're actually like. I know I do that- as many directioners online have replied to my comments of annoyance. But they irritate me.

To me they have no talent, and I don't understand why they're so famous. Well I do, and that's because of their looks not because of their music.

"Has he gone?" Julie asked me as she was serving out different types of cereal to the little boys and girls.

"Yep." I replied. I grumpily strutted past her to start making other kid's breakfasts.

"Do you think he'll come back?" Julie asked curiously.

"I dunno." I wasn't in a good mood after waking up at four in the morning and then receiving a face full screams from my friend is not adding anything good on to that list.

"Oh cheer up Daisy! I'm sick and tired of you moaning all the time." Julie burst out of her mouth as she wiped one of the children's faces with a warm cloth.

"me moaning? Oh for crying out loud Julie! Why would I be moaning? Oh, lets see! Maybe because I have been working my arse off all these weeks, preparing and cleaning for other people. You're supposed to be my friend and you leave all your work for me to do? You think that's fair? Well, it isn't okay? It is not okay." I shouted. My use of tone shouldn't of been used due to the children being in the room but Julie was pissing me off so much.

"Woah...Daisy. I'm sorry. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong." Julie said softly as she came to me, with a concerned face.

"Urm, no. I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout it's just." I said with stressful movements. I shook my head to try and clear my mind.

"Daisy, what's wrong?" Julie asked me. 

"Don't worry." 

"No, tell me. Now."She insisted.

"I said don't worry." I blocked her questioning, without realising my eyes were watering and my fists were clenched.

"Daisy, you need to tell me." Julie said, trying to get me to look her in the eyes again but I couldn't. She's hasn't seen my eyes water for ages. I'm not supposed to be a girl who cries. I told myself I wouldn't cry anymore. I'm not that girl anymore.