Epilogue

Epilogue- December 25th 2012

 + + + Daisy + + +

"Merry Christmas, bitch." Hailey hugged me from behind. 

A smile formed on my lips as I stirred the teabag in her mug, before placing it in the green bin (the one used for food waste) and plopping a bit of milk in the drink, stirring the metal teaspoon once again. My fingers placed themselves round the edge, handing it over to my friend, who's hair was looking like a bird's nest and who was wearing properly festive pajamas. 

A warm, snugly, looking onesie with snowflake patterning- to be precise.

"Merry Christmas, Hailey." I picked up my mug of tea. We both grinned widely, as our mugs clashed together before the door bell rang. Confusion trailed over both of our faces, before Hailey placed her drink back down to the side, making her way to the front door. 

I kept my one in my hands, warming them up for me, as I looked at my friend open the door. I wondered who it was for about two seconds...before Hailey threw the door open as wide as it could go- maybe close to breaking at the hinges- and jumped in to Dan's arms. At least his smile looked genuine.

Fuck history, it was Christmas. I supposed he deserved a second chance now, right? He makes my best friend happy...and I think he would have left for Alice, or any other girl, if he didn't have any strong feelings for Hailey. That night was just a bit messed up, I think. 

Suddenly, my fuzzy slipper socks became a lot more enticing than usual to my precious eyes, as the two still hadn't left each others' arms, eating the other's face off. As if I weren't even there. 

But I suppose that's what love does to you? When you're in the same room as the one that makes you go crazy and completely weak and limp at the knees, you don't notice anything else apart from the tiny assets that they hold. The one's you love. The one's you crave to see, or touch, or hear. 

Yeah, I know all that emotional shit now, because the truth is...is that Hailey's not the only one who's found their element of happiness with someone special. I have as well.

And that someone special...is Harry Styles. The one, I can now proudly admit, I fell in love with. I can also admit that I've never been so happy in my life. I'm happy that I chose to fall for him, instead of running away. Hailey said that would have ruined me, and I agreed. It would've. 

"Merry Christmas, Daisy." Dan said, walking in to the kitchen. His arm was hooked around Hailey's shoulders, as they came in with large smiles on their faces. I took a couple of seconds admiring the way he looked down at her as he greeted me. His sight on her lit up face, his eyes bright with admiration and all of his facial features filled with love-sickness. Utter love surrounded me, and I loved that.

"Merry Christmas, Dan." I smiled back.

My hands gestured to the kettle, asking if he wanted me to make him a drink but he said no and simply trailed in to the living room with Hailey, hand in hand. I soon followed in, with my mug in my hand once again, before sitting down on my usual sofa. The pillows were still messed up from the Christmas Eve party me and Hailey had together...like two loners. 

"I thought you told me, Dan here, was going to be with his parents today." I looked at Hailey, and then at Dan. "Are you going later on or are you..."

"Yeah, I'm leaving in about an hour but I wanted to pop in." His head and smile turned to his girlfriend. "I couldn't  not wish my cheeky little monkey a merry Christmas before I left." There we go again, both looking at each other, lost in the moment, forgetting I'm there.