Scaredy Cat

Mariya up there (played by Emma Stone)

Clarissa POV

What I thought about 'time and risk' was perfectly correct. I'm already regretting saying yes because you don't know what she asked me to do.

She is trying to make me concentrate because every time she was informing me about something important I would get lost in my own thoughts, thinking whether it is my right decision or not, whether I'll be able to train or not and this made her pissed off and I mean really pissed off

She has tied me to a tree, now you would think that its not that bad but it is because it is not the way you are thinking like taking a rope and tying me around the tree. No, no, she actually tied me updown on a branch which she trusts is strong but I highly doubt it.

And this is not that worse than what I am going to tell you next, it will actually blow your mind and would make you think that she is crazy. What she did is , she didn't tied me where there is land underneath, no. Beneath me is not ground or soft grass but water , a lake, yes the lake which is near to my house.

Now, the game is, I mean the training part is, she would ask me some questions and if I answered it correctly than bingo but if not than with each wrong answer the rope she has used to tie me with the branch is tied securely around a big sack full of big and heavy stone, she would take out the stones from the sack which will lead to me nearing the water and finally falling or in my words drowning but she has assured me that she will save me.

She told me that she will ask me 10 questions and till now she has asked only 5 and if you want to know whether I answered it correctly or not, than calm your heavily beating hearts because I answered it correctly but than to they were easy.

"Arissa, Arissa" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her fuming form.

"What did I told you about day dreaming" she was very angry and if it was even possible than I think I saw steam coming out of her ears. She is very strict regarding training, she tapped her foot on the ground demanding for an answer, I gulped.

"S Sorr yy, M Mariya, it won't happen again" my voice came out as a squeak

"No, sorry's Arissa, you made a mistake, now you are going to pay for it" she made her way towards the sack while she finished her sentence and looked at me smirking evilly, this made me shrink more in my place and before I could stop her she already removed some stones which made the rope go lower and me along with it.

I screeched in horror and my eyes shut closed as I fell the rush of wind around me and me getting lower only made my heart beating, no running, no hammering in my chest, it was like any second now it would be out of my chest. I could hear my heart beat out loud in my ears, I was swinging back and forth with the rope, my eyes still closed and my breathing raged.

"You can open your eyes now scaredy cat" this made me gasp and forgetting about time everything I opened my eyes and looked at her with shocked expression. What is with her, one minute she is all evil and the other she is again back to playful Mariya mode.

"I am not a scaredy cat" I voiced out

"Oh, really but a minute before your expression told something else" she said with extreme sarcasm.

I tried to fix my posture again and look a bit more confidence but the minute I saw that I was too near to water I shrieked out loud again and this made Mariya laugh out loud, I had an expression that of utter horror and she was looking like that she was going to pass out from laughing so hard, her hands holding her stomach and tears started to came out of her eyes.