Half Vampire and...?

Clarissa POV

"I understand your fancy for him after all, he is not entirely of our kind so it's no surprise for you to be so attracted towards him!" I stopped in my tracks as my face paled and silence buzzed loudly in my ear. My heart pounded loudly only escalating with every breath I took.

Did I hear it correctly?

Am I misunderstanding something or did she really say that?

Words that are even unthinkable to accept!

However, I didn't let the turmoil of emotions show on my face as I just ignored her and walked back to Mr. Sylvester. At the end of the day no matter how much I get lost myself into this role of fiancée, I am nothing more than a trainee in reality. Whatever it is, it is his life and secret and just as I don't like people digging into my shameful past, I am sure he wishes the same.

I was right beside his side and had opened my mouth to ask him to go back with me but my words went unheard when she loudly proclaimed once again "I am sure you must have had your doubts as well!" the confidence in her voice was astounding. However, to me she was not a helper but a nuisance and I turned my head around to look at her over my shoulder.

She flinched as my dark gaze pierced her red eyes and she stepped back fearful.

I was riling in anger! I was seething red! I was pissed to the point where I was lusting for her blood!

Revealing other people's life, insulting them, tormenting them has been her life's agenda and she is especially obsessed with Mr. Sylvester but no more! No more will I allow her to ruin the life of the man I respect and look up to!

She was intimidated by the murderous glint in my eyes and in the mixture of fury and fear she babbled on loudly "Y-You! How dare you glare at me when I am only helping you out. You impudent bitch!"

My hands tightened into a fist and my eyes turned black. She gulped, intimidated.

I asked her lowly in a predator's voice "Did I ask for your help?" she looked at me shocked and I continued trampling on her confidence and pride "He is my fiancé. He is mine and so are his secrets. If there is anything then he will tell me himself. I don't need a vile woman like you pointing at my man and barking some baseless shit about him just because he rejected you!" Her gaze trembled with anger.

She looked like a wounded animal who was degraded and terribly insulted but I didn't feel an ounce of sympathy or guilt for hurting her like that because she deserved it.

The moment she started speaking ill of him, my heart had been scorching in rage, in undefinable wrath! My arms have been twitching to hold him, to hug him and to tell him that I do not believe a word she says. In my eyes he will always remain that strong and powerful master who took me under his training and showed me mercy when everyone else turned me away.

Although I do not know the truth, I still cannot stand this slander against him! One thing I do know for sure is that he is not a monster for her to deem him such a life of pain!

I do not know what overcame me or what I was saying but I couldn't stand the sight of his shoulders slumped back in defeat. This proud man must not fall because of some covert words from the likes of her. He must always stay undefeatable because only I can defeat him.

"I will love him no matter what. If our love can surpass the boundaries of our races than it can withstand anything!" It was like a confession and my heart thumped strongly while speaking.

Today is the day when I want to become his support.

He must not fall to the same level as me, to the depths of humiliation where I was one day because he is far above me shining in the skies and looking down at me with a gaze of expectation. Expectation to be on the same level as him someday. Therefore, he must not fall down from the sky and come down to the lowly depths of fear, humiliation, defeat, darkness and loneliness. He must always be in the sky no matter how cold and domineering he is. He must continue blinding everyone with his unmatchable strength and intelligence.