Confession

This chapter is a good one. I am sure you will like it *hehe* but I'm warning you DO NOT READ THE ENDING because then you will surely hate me :)

Please read the note below to know about the next chapter updates! Thank you! Enjoy!

------------------------------------

Clarissa POV

"Your parents weren't the only one with you on that day" he was sharp and as much as it troubled me to admit it but it was the truth that my childishness brought tragedy to many lives.

I simply nodded.

His tone softened when he asked "Who was it?" I guess he figured who it was.

Shutting my eyes tightly, I remembered the beautiful face of the woman who always held me in her arms lovingly, gave me chocolates secretly, bullied Tyler with me, accepted any of my requests and treated me like her own daughter.

It was...

"Luna."

I recalled when my mother left, Luna held me in her arms tightly, silencing my questions and kept sending emergency messages to the pack.

"After a few minutes my mother left we heard another wail which sounded like my mother in agony. Sounds of fighting invaded our ears before everything went silent. It became deadly silent before we heard someone fall. I felt a rupture in my mind as an ominous feeling grabbed onto me but I didn't know what was it." I shivered remembering that moment when the connection between my parents and me was severed. It was heart-breaking.

"Besides me Luna was trembling and as I looked up at her in fear, she smiled but her smile didn't reach her eyes like always. Hugging me tightly she kissed me on the cheeks and like always ruffled my hair and said 'Looks like I will have to go check on your mommy and daddy. I may not come back but I have sent a message to Alpha and everyone in the pack. They will come here but before they do, do not move even a single step. Stay seated here and do not make a sound. Pretend like we are playing hide and seek but this time you're not allowed to say anything. Do you understand what I am saying?' her words were rushed and she kept looking around us in wary. I didn't understand her words either but I could feel something was wrong so I nodded and remained silent. She gave me a painful smile before she kissed me once again. Her lips trembled and as she held me dearly, she asked 'Will you take care of Tyler?' I nodded again and her smiled turned lightly bright before she repeated the instructions again." Who knew that was the last time I was seeing her?

"After closing the door, she ran away while I looked at her figure waning into the dark night from the window. Just like my father and mother, she didn't come back either."

The reason why everyone hated me to the core in the pack was because I was the reason why their lovely Luna was no longer among them.

"The Alpha was broken at the news. Enraged, he locked me away and demoted my rank from a warrior's heiress to an Omega. Tyler couldn't accept it at first but then his depression turned into anger and that anger turned into hatred for me. He loathed me and despised my existence. The once best friend now wanted me dead. He took out his revenge for killing his mother by rejecting me." As I completed my story, I felt dead in the heart. Remembering those bitter moments made me more guilty.

"But why did the Alpha allow her to go with you when there was so much danger?" I chuckled dryly when I remembered the reason why she was with us in the first place.

"She did not come with us to the park but I accidentally lost my parents in the crowd. My hand had slipped away from them and I was taken with the flow of the crowd. By the time the crowd cleared away I was in a completely different place. I was crying and the people working on the ground brought me to their office. I was still too young to learn mind communication so I couldn't contact my parents. I gave them my father's number which was his office number. Luna was at the packhouse at that time and hearing the phone ring she picked it up and when she heard I got separated. She tried to mind link my parents but the packhouse had built a barrier around the grounds to protect ourselves from the danger and while it stopped danger from outside it also prohibited contact to the outside world." How I wish I didn't remember the number or it wasn't Luna who picked up the call.