Memories Of The Past

Clarissa POV

    "Don't worry, I'll be safe and I'll make sure that I'm fine. You.....you just take care of yourself" I said to him stroking my hand through his face as my eyes were blurred with the unstoppable tears continuously coming out.

     "No, I won't let you go until you promise me that you'll be safe. Promise me!" He said taking his hand out, I smiled a little to see him extremely worried and still not ready to let me go and I could see his face wet with his own tears too.

     "I promise" I said with great difficulty knowing that I don't know whether I'll be able to hold that promise or not but for him I'll do anything.

      I saw a small smile appearing with great resistance on his face and as I moved my hand forward to touch him the whole room started shaking, scared I looked around to see everything falling.

     "Clarissa" I didn't looked at him but was still trying to figure out what was happening.

     "Clarissa look at me!" His voice urgent and desperate which made me immediately look at him.

      "What is happening?" I asked out scared trying to reach him but the more I went towards him the more I felt myself being away from him.

      "Don't be scared because we will meet again and when we do I'm not going to leave you ever again" he said with great sincerity which made me chock and more teary than I already was.

     "Promise?" I questioned scared that this was just a dream and if I wake up this place will be gone, he will be gone.

      "Promise" I smiled brightly at his word and took my hand out to grab his, he too put his hand forward to grab mine but then everything started fading.

      The room started shaking even more and the whole picture started blurring, I ran towards him to grab him but only caught a whiff of air.

     "Nooo..." I ran towards him full force but it was like he was running backwards away from me, I don't know what is happening? The whole scenery was changing and everything started becoming black, the room started shrinking while I desperately and helplessly ran towards him to grab his outstretched hand.

     "Remember the promise Clarissa" I heard a faint voice that I remember too well. I sobbed loudly as I looked at the hypnotising room and ran here and there trying to find something, to find him.

      I woke up with a loud gasp, panting hard I sat up. Closing my eyes as I remembered everything, I leaned back my head on headboard.

      "It was just a dream Clarissa. Relax" I tried soothing myself.

      "Good morning" I heard a deep accented voice filled with sarcasm and immediately sat up with a gasp of surprise and looked around the room to find him.

      There he was standing like always the mighty king, the biggest idiot and jerk and don't forget to add one more thing on the list and that is he is creepy. He didn't looked even a bit guilty to stand in my room with me asleep and he was being the usual self like standing by the window, his back faced to me with a stiff and iron posture. His eyes like always took in the dark outside and just like always he wore his black clothes which didn't helped my eyesight to see where the hell he was standing except his blonde hair which was really on my side and was helping me to locate him, seriously his ability to mix in is amazing but I won't say that to him. And I must say unlike his greeting the lurking darkness outside doesn't tell me that its morning.