When Dreams Shatter (Part 2)

Clarissa's POV

The next time when my eyes opened, I remained still, staring blankly at the ceiling for a couple of minutes before I moved to sit up. Pulling the blanket over my head, I wanted to partake in its warmth and hide in it from the truth and tragedy of my life.

The door clicked open but my eyes remained down on the bed where I hid myself more in the blanket.

"G-Good morning." I heard an awkward greeting but I don't have the energy to look at him.

After a long pause, he ordered in a cold tone, "You have to eat to take medicine."

I remained quiet and continued looking down.

"Kesdaya" he pulled my face up by my chin and his eyes slightly widened when they met mine. His hands slightly trembled on my chin as if he saw a ghost and it took him a moment to snap out of it.

"Eat something." But I didn't react and continued staring emptily at him.

He tried reasoning with me and even tried feeding me himself but I remained unmoved. He didn't back down and it was starting to get on my nerves. I want him to leave me alone yet he remained by my side all the time.

He tried many times to feed me, comfort me, console me but all his words sounded just empty words.

I felt furious that he was asking me to eat and rest when he couldn't even understand what I had just lost! It frustrated me that he wasn't even trying to understand me. It angered me that he was behaving like usual even though I lost another right of mine! It disgusted me because he never wanted to have children in the first place.

The whole day, I hid myself under the blanket. He kept a constant watch on me the whole time from a distance and at intervals tried to feed me but I refused again.

At night, when I woke up in cold sweat, I found him sitting on the chair next to me, watching over me silently, with my hand in his.

When he saw me awake, he quickly consoled, "It's okay. It was just a nightmare." He rubbed my back and kept reassuring me and before long I calmed down.

I looked at him who was looking back at me downhearted and I immediately retracted my hand from his. He looked momentarily hurt by my action but he quickly masked it.

Remembering his words, I wanted to mock him.

Nightmare? Isn't it a reality already?

But keeping my silence, I glared at him and slept back turning my back against him.

Every night was long, cold and terribly loud. I could hear whispers and screams and bloodlust talking in my head but for some reason I couldn't snap. Every day was silent, painful and lonely.

I would do nothing except sitting on the bed all day and staring at the sky. Even though the sun would hide it from my views but I knew the moon goddess was still there.

As days passed by slowly, despair and hopelessness filled me in.

I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep. It felt like I was alive but dead. It was no use of being alive if I had to live in fear of what will be snatched away from me next.

The fear and anxiety ate me away from the inside. I could feel Tyler's watchful gaze on me, taunting me, making fun of me, traumatizing me of what more he could take from me, of how his thirst of torturing me and seeing me suffer hasn't quenched yet.

I felt scared and terrified.

Theodore noticed everything. The shifts in my mood, the change in the atmosphere, my shivering and my scared stature. He was there all the time but I still refused to acknowledge him. He is trying his best but all I can see right now is that he is ridiculing me, pitying me.