Conflicting Feelings

Clarissa POV

I was trying to add dedications but it's just not working, oof!

------------------------------------------

"You love me?" he asked after a long stretch of silence and I thought I heard it wrong as I whispered "Hmm?" but he put his hand on my hand which was on his chest and placed the other one on the side of my neck as he questioned me with his eyes.

I gulped. I should probably say yes. But why does it feel like he is not in his character?

What should I say?!

"You doubt me?" I was trying to evade the answer.

There was another moment of silence as his purple eyes looked intently in mine like he was searching for something in them but I was confused and I was sweating profusely as what will happen next.

"No...I wouldn't have proposed to you if I wasn't sure of your love for me" his purple eyes which were softening a bit went back to their emptiness as his words cut me sharp in the face and he took a step back.

His words sounded sweet but the underlining tone was flat.

I was flabbergasted at the sudden change of his actions but nevertheless smiled at him. I chose not to say anything and thus awkward silence engulfed us.

"Sister-in-law!" that was Ethan as he and Livia walked up to us with his hands on her waist and a broad smile on his face. "You look good" he remarked and we once again moved onto the chapter of buying my clothes and even though Livia was not thrilled about my style, she helped me.

However, Mr. Sylvester was not that willing to let her help me as he would hand me some clothes whenever she would show me something or give me something. That annoyed her but she didn't say a word and got along with him to find the clothes of my preference but more stylish.

A sting hit my heart when I looked them shopping together. I don't know why my heart stung looking at them together, I don't know why I was overwhelmed with anger when her hand accidentally touched his and I don't know why I was upset when Mr. Sylvester didn't scold her for invading his personal boundary. But I guess there's no personal boundaries between them. They are allowed to step in whenever they want. But why the hell am I so bothered?!

In the end, they got me so many clothes that would last me more five years and even though, I refused to wear sexy dresses, she got me five along with the first outfit she made me wear. She squeezed those clothes among the other ones and took us all to the salon next.

As soon as we were in, the men were escorted to the tea room while we were taken to the VIP section as the hairdresser came to us.

"Good morning. How may I assist you, ma'am?" she asked politely and her smile was radiant.

"I want to give her a makeover. So, you've to help her and tame her wild hair into decent ones" Livia answered on my behalf and the hairdresser's eyes sparkled. Looks like she loved her job...or wait...she was excited to try out her favorite style which she never got to try out, on me? Oh Lord, help me!

"Do you have something in mind, ma'am?" the hairdresser asked again and I went silent for a bit as I thought.

Obviously, nothing!

"Let's turn her blonde hair into black." Livia suggested and continued "-and give her highlights. Also, chop off that long hair to medium long and cut some nice side bangs."

"What? No!" I protested.

Their heads turned to me and Livia sighed. Obviously she is patiently tolerating me so, she is also worn out by my huge demands.