Lengths of Pretending

Clarissa POV

     I turned around to go when suddenly a hand snaked around my waist, startling me. My cheeks burned red and I looked at him wondering what he was up to now? I tried mind link but it was still closed.

"You want to know who she is?" he asked and they both looked at me. My back went rigid and I clenched my fist trying to calm myself for what was coming. He will not tell them the truth, right? He will not tell them I'm a rejected mate and I'm here for training, right?

His stare burning into my skull forced me to look at him and my face must have slipped the terror that was going in my mind as his grip tightened a bit on my waist and he leaned down as I shut my eyes closed afraid of what is happening when I felt a pair of lips on my forehead.

A loud gasp resounded around the house but I didn't look at the person, I only looked at him, at his purple emotionless eyes as he stared back at me. I stared at his perfect blank face and focused on the loud thumping of my heart when he said something that turned my life upside down.

"She is my fiancée"

-----------------------------------------

     The second he finished saying his proud words, two loud 'What's?' were heard in the house. I looked at him with my mouth wide open and my eyes twitching because of his unending lies. The lady in red looked at me in rage while the other vampire looked at me hilariously with no end to his laughter.

     I was confused of the whole situation because; one- no one knows of his house except him and me (that too accidentally), secondly- they're vampires and both the parties acknowledge each other yet I could feel the storm of rage and deep hatred buried between them and third- why is Mr. Sylvester letting them stay here if he doesn't like them at all?! Is it because of the courtesy of them being vampires? No, he is not a polite person then who are they? Mr. Sylvester hates them yet he isn't kicking them out or killing them? That's new! And what is wrong with this lady in red, why is she so angry?

     'I'm not your fiancée!' I broke down his mental barriers. To hell with his rules and punishment. I'm pissed off! How dare he introduce me as...as...

     Argh! I can't even say that word without ripping my head off in anger.

     He glowered at me and I couldn't help but cringe back in fright but he held my wrist and didn't let me move "You don't have to be mad just because I'm not introducing them to you. They are nothing but some unwanted baggage on this planet. You don't have to worry about them, they've just lost their way" he said coldly as he looked at me then at them.

     "You!" The lady in red seethed in anger as she took a step forward to harm him but she was stopped by the male vampire.

     "I apologize on her behalf for her rash behavior but she is a little pumped up to see Zeke after such a long time so, she can't control herself" he explained as he maintained his light blinding fake smile and I cringed back.

     "Tell her to control herself because now I've a fiancée, the love of my life in my arms and in no condition I am looking at other petty women" Mr. Sylvester spat bitterly at them and hugged me closer to him.

     He is such a smooth liar!

     The lady in red again tried to step forward but the male vampire was holding her back.

     "I understand" he smirked as he looked at me but this time with scorn hidden in his happy features.

     "Shall we go back?" Mr. Sylvester's voice shook me out of the vampire's disdain look and I looked at him confused for a second before my temper flared up.