Voting the Ceremony Part 1

Clarissa POV

        Pacing back and forth on the backstage, I rubbed my tired eyes and suppressed a yawn while trying to bring my overactive nerves under control.

     Alpha Carlton came in and when he looked at my dishevelled features, smiling lightly,he came towards me while I paid no attention to him. As a hand landed on my shoulders that is when I looked up to glare at the person disturbing me.

     "Its okay, Clarissa. You don't have to worry everything is under control. Here, take this and sit on that chair until we call for you" he said handing me the bottle but I just stood still, not moving, not even blinking, deep in thoughts.

    "Clarissa" "Clarissa" his hands moving in front of my face made me come to my senses, looking at him I found him staring at me with a worried expression.

     Taking my hand, he lead me to the chair, pushing me slightly downwards while I did nothing to protest, I was to consumed to do anything. Handing me the bottle while I took it as a robot.

     "You're really taking this more than seriously, Clarissa. Drink it, it will help you reduce the tension" his voice made me come out of my lost state and I looked at him confused than at the bottle.

     He gave me a serious look and I immediately chugged down the whole bottle in one go and handed him the bottle back, again getting lost in my train of thoughts again.

     He stood there dumbstruck but later moved out muttering "She is not herself and why is she being so serious?" but I heard him clear enough.

     Honestly, I know, I was being overdramatic but I can't help it, I mean the day we have been waiting for is finally here. Now, come on, it is something to be serious about, after all its a question of my life and future. They are thinking I'm being weird but trust me they don't have any idea what I'm going through. Every vote is important, a single vote can change the whole damn decision, it can turn the table upside down.

     Tapping the foot against the floorboard, I sat there impatiently. I rubbed my palm against my jeans material to wipe of the sweat, I think I am gonna have a headache or a heartache if they don't start the bloody ceremony.

     "Yo, someone's cursing a lot today" only her irritating presence was left.

    "Hey, I am not irritating, you are just being over conscious" she defended herself like a child but I was really stressed to deal with her.

    "Shut up" growling, I cut of the mindlink.

      During the time Alpha, Luna and others kept coming, some to encourage me, some wishing me luck and some to check whether I've gone crazy or still am sane (that was alpha and Luna) rolling my eyes at their stupidity. I thought of some people I wish I could see now, but they never came. Luna said Xavier was busy with the preparations and he wanted everything to be perfect that's why he has taken the charge of everything. But Mariya, she has no idea where she is. I was too anxious and scared for the results to care for anything at the moment. I sat on the chair like I was glued to it.

     "Don't worry, everything will be in your favour, have hope" Ellie's soft voice reached my mind, sometimes I'm really glad that she is a part of me but before I could reply to her, the checking of mike started making my thoughts halt at a screeching sound, my legs stopped tapping automatically, my hands froze, even my blood veins stopped carrying blood for a second.