Talking, cows, and Manicores?

(Dr. Thorn)

"Do you ever have dreams of your father?" Thalia asks.

Her eyes stare intently into the fire.

"Recently yes." I add, "My brother loves you Thalia. I have never seen such love in his eyes. When you came back he was so happy."

"Then why won't he talk to me?"

In her eyes I see grief, "For the first time in hundreds of years, Zeus doesn't know what to say. He is happy you are back, but afraid he will lose you again."

She doesn't look convinced.

I try to explain, "Thalia, my father... he was never meant to be a dad. Kronos didn't and still doesn't know how to care for a child. He never had a father figure. All my dad had was power, power he got from hurting others. When he had Hades he wasn't prepared. Then he had more kids and found that prophecy. Kronos has and always will be afraid of death."

I take a deep breath, "Zeus was raised to defeat his father. In a way he somewhat takes after his father. At least more than he is willing to admit. My brother never had a father figure and he thought he didn't need one. He was surprised how much he loved you. After seeing you for the first time he finally knew what being a father meant."

Wow that was hard to say. I stand up and sit beside her.

Taking her hand I say, "You are the person he loves most. Don't hate him to much, like I said he is still learning."

She wipes the tears out of her eyes and smiles. Then she gives me a hug.

Thalia whispers, "Thank you."

Suddenly I hear voices approaching. We stand up and grab our weapons. I mentally slap myself when I see Percy. They brought a big cow with them?

"Jackson, please tell me that is the Orpheus and not just a cow. If you don't I will kick your ass." I threaten.

He puts his hands up, "I swear this is the Orpheus."

I put my blades away and grab a dramcha.

Making a rainbow I say, "We make an iris-"

I am tossed away by a thorn. It is stabbed into my leg. Dr. Thorn growls standing by a bunch of skeleton warriors.

"I am sick of waiting around and bowing to Luke. Now I am the one giving orders. Kill them all, but Aurora, Thalia, and the cow." he growls.

I grip the thorn and pull it out. The others attack them. Grover falls over by me.

"Call Mr. D and get him to help." he nods and goes.

Standing up I grab my bow. Hades help us please. Zoë's and my bow starts to glow black. The others fight thorn, while we destroy the Warriors. As soon as we finish them off Zoë gasps in pain. I see a dragon tooth in her leg. She pulls it out.

"I'm fine, hunter remember?" she winces in pain.

Vines wrap out around the manicorn. He is pulled into the ground down to Tartarus. I look and see Dio talking to Grover. He nods at me and I smile. A frown comes to my face as I fall down. I cough up blood. Suddenly everything goes black.