Someday

I open my eyes to the spot my dad took me to in my dream the first time. Why am I here? Normally I would be going to the court in Hades, but instead I am here.

"My sweet girl." Looking to my right a woman comes into view.

She wears a golden dress that seems to shimmer in the sun light.

Right away I know who she is, "Mom?"

She smiles, "It is me."

"Where am I? Why am I here?" I ask.

My mom looks around as if she didn't know we were here, "This is the last place I saw you. The last place where we were a-"

"Family." to my left Kronos walks out from the shadows, "That was long ago."

I take a step away from him. He is the reason I am dead. Hurt flashes in his eyes as he looks at me. Mom walks past me and puts her arms around his neck.

She smiles, "I missed you my love."

He smiles back, "As did I."

I stand there unable to speak.

Dad looks at me, "Aurora I never meant for you to die or get hurt. All I wanted was to have my daughter back. I know I made a terrible mistake all those years ago and repeated it. I should have stopped, and I payed the price because of it. You shouldn't have to be punished with me."

Mom smiles, "That is why she is here, my love. My daughter you can't fully come back from the dead if you are mortal, but it is obvious you aren't mortal. Unlike anyone else you can go back and forth."

Even dad looks confused.

Mom rolls her eyes, "Go back to your siblings and Drew. If you want you can always visit us."

With that she disappears.

"I don't expect you to forgive me. But I hope you might give me a chance to start over." Kronos says fumbling with words.

I nod, "Maybe someday."

He disappears. I close my eyes. Suddenly I gasp awake in the throne room. The gods and my friends run to my side.

Hades asks, "How is this possible? You were dead."

I notice all of their eyes watering, "It will take a lot more than that to get rid of me. Sorry but you are all stuck with me."

After a few years not only did Drew and I get married, but I started to talk to Kronos. My family became much closer and fought less. Drew and I now have a house in Manhattan and we have a spot in Olympus. Maybe things will stay good for awhile....or not.