A Father's Love

Kronos's POV:

I stand by the railing on my yacht staring down at Aurora. To be honest I am impressed by how great of a warrior she has grown to be. The thing is I know that she is not completely loyal to me, yet.

"Lord Kronos, you summoned me." Tyler walks out by me.

I don't look away from my daughter, "I know the way you look at my daughter. You are lucky I haven't killed you, yet."

"Why haven't you then?"

I smile thinly, "Because you may, be of some use to me. Your father raped my older daughter centuries ago and I will not let you do that to Aurora. If you kill Drew and keep my daughter away from the gods, I may allow you to have her."

"You are up to something aren't you? I have seen how she has been acting differently." Tyler questions.

"I am, but I will not tell you what. All you need to know is that I will not lose her again." I say.

He nods and walks away. I start to remember the last time I saw Aurora, before I was taken down.

I walk back into my house and see Carla holding our newborn baby in her arms. A smile comes to my lips and I walk over to her. Carla allows me to hold her.

"Have you named her, yet?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "I was waiting for you, my love."

I look down into my daughter's beautiful eyes and watch as they turn purple. She reaches her hand out and touches my cheek gently. All my other children I had eaten, but for some reason I can't pull myself to do the same to her. This child is different...special to me. Perhaps someday I could use her.

"How about Aurora?" Carla nods, "I name you Aurora, daughter of the Lord of time."

She smiles at the name and starts to giggle.

"When you are older you shall rule at my side." I tell her, "We will be the most powerful beings in the world. I promise you that I will protect you forever."

The day after that I was defeated and lost her. This time I will make sure that I keep my promise.