Lost lives

“I am so glad I met you, Zoë.” I mumble.

Everyone, but the hunters give me a strange look.

Thalia asks, “What are you talking about? Can't you two save her”

I shake my head sadly, “No we can't change death. She was meant to die fighting. Zoë has lived for centuries and now she can finally rest.”

Zoe says, “Have I served my lady well?”

“You have done wonderfully my lieutenant. I would not ask for anything more.” Artemis says.

“Percy you are the first boy to ever not fail me. Thank you.” Zoë says.

She looks up to the stars, “I can see them my lady. The stars are so beautiful.”

Artemis nods, “They truly are.”

Zoe’s eyes close and tears form in all our eyes.

I ask, “Art, do it for her.”

She nods and puts her hands over Zoës closed eyes. Then she starts to mumble a Greek spell. Zoë’s body dissolves into thin air. I look up in the sky to see a new constellation of a hunter.

“That is amazing.” Thalia gasps.

I nod, “Now she can rest with the stars forever.”

Artemis nods and we land.

“Get to Olympus. Aurora go with them.” I nod and get off with the others.

As she flies off to Olympus we start walking. Annabeth leads us to a big house. She knocks on the door and a man answers.

“Annabeth!” he gasps.

Hurt from memories fill her eyes, “Hello, daddy.”

He moves to the side, “Come in, all of you.”

We walk in. He leads us to an office. I smile at the Greek pictures on the wall. Suddenly I find a picture that looks like me as a baby. I turn to him as he talks to his daughter.

“Who is she?” I ask.

He looks at the picture, “That is a special girl. There is an old myth that she was the last sibling of the great three. She was destined for greatness and died. I don't know her name, but I do know she died in a fire.”

I laugh, “Her name is Aurora. She *I point* is me. The myth is wrong about one thing I didn't die in the fire. No, it was another friend that died.”

It is true, my friend died in the fire years ago. He was the son of Apollo and Hestia. We never found his body. We were both 6 and being an old woman in a young body I can remember being that young. I stayed 4 for a millennium.

Before I know it Annabeth has gotten her father to get us to Olympus. We get outside to a helicopter. I cast Thalia a confused look. She shrugs and we get on the chopper. Soon we land on the empire state building.

“Annabeth I want to start over. When you get the chance will you come home?” Mr. Chase asks.

She nods and we walk in the elevator. I press the button and it takes us up. Soon the door opens and we walk into the great hall. Like I guessed all of the counsel are here.

“Welcome heroes!” Artemis stands up.

I glance over to Hestia. She smiles at me and motions for me to go over. Walking over I give her a hug. Then she and I walk

out of the hall. We head to my bedroom. After an hour Apollo comes in and tells me what happened at the meeting. He tells me about Thalia joining the hunters and the celebration tonight.