Goodbye friend

A week passes and there have been some monster attacks. I sit in the apartment as my phone rings.

"Tara what's wrong?" I ask.

Her voice is panicked, "Help!"

Then the call is ended. Last I heard she was going to the old well. Quickly I run into the woods to it. Soon I find Tara bleeding and fighting a small but strong cyclops. Suddenly it's blade goes through her stomach. Quickly I grab my blade and slice It's head off.

I put my hand on Tara's wound, "Don't worry you will be okay."

Tears brim her eyes, "Aurora thank you for being there for me. You are like a sister to me. I love you so much."

"No don't say that. You aren't leaving me." I hiss.

Tears stream down my face.

She weakly puts her hand on mine, "It doesn't hurt anymore. Protect the others."

I nod, "I will."

Tara cries, "Please stay with me, I am scared."

"You have served well. I will be there until the end. I will go to your trial. Don't fear my brother." she nods and I hug her.

After a few seconds her breathing stops. The warmth in her body cools and she goes limp. Soon the others finally arrive. Taylor, Lexi, and Laney fall to their knees beside me.

The next day we have a funeral like we do for all half bloods. The blanket placed on her has the mark of Hermes on it. As soon as she is gone I shadow travel to Hell. Walking in the courtroom I am early. Hades walks in and looks shocked at me.

Then he nods figuring out why I came. Tara is the 4th ghost to float into the room. Her eyes brighten at the sight of me. She bows to Hades and me.

"Tara you have earned the two choices which do you chose?" Hades says.

Tara looks at me and replies, "I will try three times."

I smile, "Then it looks like I will see you again. Good luck my friend."

She nods and disappears. After the trials are done I go back to the others. It is night so I walk past them and fall asleep.

My eyes catch the beauty of the forest again. Knowing it is a dream I turn and face my father.

"Hello darling." it had been a long time since he had visited my dreams.