{Dear Brooklyn Jones}

Dear Brooklyn Jones,

I know that you are probably confused and angry right now.

And that you probably never want to see me again.

I'm writing to you from Fort Worth, Texas. I know it's been a few months, longer than I even knew you.

I want you to know that I'm sorry for having to put you through all of this but just know that it was all for a reason.
My father broke out of prison and he knew exactly where I was.

I had to leave, I have to give you up. I didn't want you ruining your life by dropping everything just to run away with me, how selfish would that be of me to even ask?

No matter the reason though, I broke my promise.

I love you.

I love you so fucking much.

I should have told you back when you told me because I damn sure felt it.

I should have told you that I knew that I'd fall in love you even before I met you.

You have no idea how important you are to me, you were the first person to let me into your heart.

You let me into your family.

You loved me when I couldn't love.

Baby, you fixed my heart.

Now it's time to let go of it.

Someone as special as you doesn't deserve someone like me.

But that doesn't stop me from wanting to hold you in my arms for as long as I possibly can.

My father already ruined one family for me, I don't want him to ruin another.

You, Gabby, Dante, Jacob, your parents...You are my family.

And family always reunites.

Brooklyn, I want you to move on.

I want you to find a guy and fall in love just like you did with me. Share your amazing ability to make my day even when it's the worst.

I've given you a copy of the key to the house, I've left a few things for you.

In the closet are my Christmas presents for everyone.

Baby girl, you will always be my first love. You will always take up that space in my heart and I'll always think back to you.

I'll never forget your beautiful long hair or your gorgeous brown eyes. Oh man, the way you always looked at me is my forever weakness.

I'll never forget what a wonderful, amazing, perfect person you are.

I went ahead and had the pictures that we took on the plane copied and framed just in case you wanted any for memories.

I know that you hate me.

I know you've probably been crying and hurting and it hurts me knowing that it's all my fault.

I broke your heart but I had to.

I'm so sorry, my sweet angel.

I don't even know if I'll ever get to see you again. Just know that I'll always cherish the moments that I had with you.

All those times when we kissed.

When I fell asleep holding you in my arms.

When I would blink, thinking that you would disappear because you are so precious.

So special.

You don't know how happy it made me feel to call you mine.

And I love you so much that I have to let you go. I'll move on sooner or later, just like I want you to.

Brooklyn, this is hurting me so much right now.

I'm crying while I'm writing this, do you believe me?

Probably not.

I am, I swear.

Believe it or not, this is hurting me even worse than it's hurting you.

It's like losing my family all over again.

I can't even describe how upset I am for having to do this but you have to understand that this is for the best.

One day I'll be back.

You'll have moved on by then and it'll depress me even more but I'm willing to have to give you up to keep you safe.
It kills me just thinking about you with another guy but you are too beautiful to stay single.

You are too beautiful to stay mine.

I hope you understand.
I hope everyone understands.

Please baby, tell your family that I was honored to be present. I'm honored to say that you've completed me.

You made me whole. But my father ruined everything again.

This is it.

It's hard to end this letter because I know that when I do, we'll be over.

I've always been afraid of losing you and now that I have, I'm a wreck.

I'll miss you so much.

Hell, I already do.

I spend my days working, can you believe it?

It's so hard for me to focus at school.

I can't do it, not without you.

Every girl I see, I see you. That sounds so weird.
My mum used to tell me all the time that you only say goodbye to someone if you know that you'll never see them again.

Goodbye baby girl.

I love you.
So fucking much.

You may not believe me and I don't blame you.

Call me a asshole.

Call me a dick.

Call me whatever you want.

But I'll always just be the brave fool who had the strength to let the most gorgeous girl in the whole world go.

But please.

Always call me your Teddy.

-with all my love,
Your Teddy

*Please vote and comment*

-(904 words)