Inside the Hunt

At the Hunt.....

" Sometimes you can be so depressing." Artemis pointed out. Sal simply sighed and shook his head.

" Life sometimes can be so depressing..." Sal replied back sighing.

Artemis and Thalia who was beside Artemis both stared at Salomao wondering whether he was being serious and philosophical or just joking around again.

" Sal, c'mon let's go!" Zoë and Phoebe yelled out. Their eyes shine brightly as they eagerly ran towards the camp fire where the hunters often gather around at.

" Jeez, I'm coming. Let the old man rest a little." Sal complained walking towards them.

Zoë raised an eyebrow.

" You do know that Phoebe and I are both like hundreds and maybe a thousand years older than you right?" Zoë pointed out.

" Shut up." Sal said.

" Hi." Zoë simply said while grinning.

The trio then walked over to where the hunters all gather at.

Thalia and Artemis both looked at each other and snickered a little. Thalia then looked at Artemis curiously and thoughtfully.

' It's funny to see their interactions.' Artemis thought while snickering. She then glance at Thalia who was looking down deep in thought.

" What are you thinking about, Thalia?" Artemis asked.

Thalia glanced at Artemis and simply sighed. There wasn't a reason to hide her thought about that.

" Why are you so close with Sal? How is he any special from the past makes you encounter?" Thalia asked this sudden question.

Artemis was taken back at the question. She thought about it before answering.

" Why did you become friends with him?" She asked smiling. Thalia was surprised at the question being ask back to her.

" Well......I don't know......I mean we were already cousins and Annabeth was always making sure we don't strangle each other to death. But going through life and death, quest, and all sort of stuff, Percy and I just grew close. Although there are times where I really want to strangle him and I'm sure he has those thoughts too but we both love each other verily dearly. He's like a other brother to me and to him, I'm a sister who was almost always beside him." Thalia spoke.

  Artemis's smile turn even wider. She ruffled Thalia's hair and looked out at the forest and Nature's beauty.

" I think it's the same. We simply naturally grow close. Sure there are times where I thought he was crazy and insane. But, you just get use to it and you just enjoy times where you don't have to worry about a thing like Zeus, mortals, rumors, and all sort of stuff." Artemis said frowning suddenly.

Thalia tilted her head.

" Rumors and mortals?" She asked. Artemis looked at her and sighed shaking her head.

" Apparently because there was one time when I insulted Hera, Aphrodite, and Athena. There was a rumor going around about how they plot their revenge using men of Athen turning them to golden stags and somehow impregnate me and then making sure my birth of this child of mine be so painful. Words also said that my "daughter" was the Haley's comet, the moon, or shadows of the night. Sometimes I simply can't stand those. I stayed away from Olympus most of the times, never afraid to speak up or stand up, and avoided many interactions from both mortals or gods just because I don't want words and rumors to spread making mortals and even gods misunderstand the situation." Artemis said rubbing her head as she thought about that period of the time.