Tonight

Two Days Later......

A melody came by a river far away from where the Hunt is. Tonight, the moon seemed to be hiding behind the gray depressing clouds. A soft wind blew by complimenting the sounds of the melody.

Sal sat next to the flowing river holding his flute. The forest was a lot silent than during the spring, summer, or fall. But there was still noises and presences which are the animals nearby watching silently and wondering why the white hair dude was blowing into a long wood stick and why there was a beautiful sounds coming from the long stick.

" Hard to sleep?" A voice called out coming out from the dark long shadows of the woods. The only signs of her presence was her eyes and the aura of a human.

Sal took a long sigh. He wasn't a man of thinking.

But tonight a lot of things were in his mind.

" Don't you think, it's a beautiful night.?" He asked glancing at the woman who looked at him like he was wild.

" It's cold, Sal......C'mon let's go back." She tried to convince sticking her hand out. Sal brushed it off.

" It's not cold despite being below Zero, Phoebe. It doesn't even hurt being out here open and almost having a frostbite. The sensational pain......it's simply all numb. Numb...." He murmured looking down.

He had a lot of things in his mind.

Phoebe sighed and rubbed her forehead.

" Well I'm freezing to death Mister...." She grumbled and yet she sat next to him.

The cold may be catching on to her but friends are more important than frostbites and hypothermia.

She cares for Sal although she doesn't admit it. Her care may not be direct but it's still care and love.

She pats his back to assure him that she was there for him before deciding to turn his attention away from his own thoughts.

  " You ever thought of dreams?" She asked. Sal raised an eyebrow looking at her wondering what she was talking about.

" You know like the dreams and goals that you and Zoë have." She continued on. Sal looked slightly startled by this suddenness. But he then looked in Phoebe's eyes before sighing.

Sal started to play with his own hair.

" Chasing after my own dreams is like doing a handstand while doing jumping jacks." He said touching the water now.

" Could......be a little hard but can't be impossible right? The more you know about the different ways and techniques to do it, the better chance you'll be able to do it." Phoebe convince. Sal shook his head.

" I don't want to know more. The more I know, things start happening more. Especially bad things." He said.

" You are so pessimistic sometimes." She grumbled crossing her arms. But then she laid back. Her eyes fixed onto the moving clouds.

" But it's not bad to chase after dreams. If you ever fail, we'll always be here. Lady Artemis, Thalia, Zoë, or me. Future may be bad but we don't need to try so hard and predict future. Sometimes it's best to just.........face it." Phoebe spoke. Her eyes glazed over for a moment.

Sal sighed once more and then asked one more question.

" Are we going to be together till the end of our days?" Sal questioned. Phoebe smiled softly.

" Maybe. Maybe....." She spoke and before focused on getting slightly warmed up and also looking at the cold grayish clouds that seemed to be depressed.