Hang Out

" Just for today, alright?" She asked the man in front of her.

He sat in silence playing with his wrinkly black shirt.

Finally he sighed taking off his mask revealing another one. However, the woman now could see the man's tired face.

" Why? The final battle is arriving at any day and any time. Why now? Why can't we do it after all......this." He saw the last word out tiredly.

He let go of his wrinkly black t shirt and stood in front of her.

" Aphrodite, I don't like you. I never will. I always will only consider you as a friend. You of all people should know that." He spoke.

The goddess of love looked down at the wooden plank floor. Her eyes show a little bit disappointment.

" I know Salomao. I'm not asking you to date me. Sure, I like you and all. But of all people, I don't want to hurt you the most." The goddess of love spoke softly.

Sal's eye flash with anger.

" Why! Tell me why you don't want to hurt me! Just because you like me? Just because you want to date me or what?!" He continue yelling back.

Aphrodite narrowed her eyes.

" You're getting a little prideful now." She said calmly.

Sal rolled his eye and scoffed.

" Prideful? Sure, that's a little prideful of me to think that you like me and is taking me out for a date today. But isn't that the truth? You. Like. Me." He said.

She clenched her teeth

' Just why did I have to like him of all people?' She grumbled in her head.  

She sighed and rubbed her head in exasperation. 

  " Okay so what if I like you? What's the big deal, huh? I'm not even asking you out on a date. I may not be Athena smart but I'm not a dumb person either." Aphrodite spoke.

" You were acting like it when I first met you." Sal muttered.

The goddess of love glared at him. She was still a goddess after all.

The disrespectful manners and the words that is surrounded by thorns and barbed wires hurts her heart and also wounded her pride.

Her eyebrows furrowed together. Aphrodite looked around the room while fidgeting with her fingers.

" You're tired, Percy." Aphrodite said softly.

Sal clenched his teeth. His eye seemed to be eyeing Aphrodite like a prey ready to be teared apart any seconds.

" These past few days, you been thinking about Phoebe and the war. When is the last time when you have a rest without worry that your head will be on the ground the next day?" Aphrodite's words shot into Sal's heart.

His heart tightens like a sponge that got squeezed.  And the small desire for peace keep jumping out of his ribcage.

But....

" Don't call me Percy first of all. And second, stop giving me a speech. I don't need people buzzing around me telling me what to do." He said harshly stepping a little bit forward to Aphrodite.

Yet, she took a step back. Her eyes fixed  on Sal.  

" You know I can't do that." She calmly reply back.

The words slowly jog out of her lips giving a lingering feeling on to Sal like heavy cologne on a person's body.

By that time, Sal's teeth was grinding on to each other.