Stassie-The Meeting

The next day.

I've been here twenty-four hours and I'm tired. The jet lag plus the sounds of rap just won't let me sleep and its currently midnight. I make a phone call. Twenty minutes later I'm walking out the Santo's crib and my favorite 1970's Aston Martin pulls up with my favorite blonde Australian. "Sup Stassie." I nod my head. 

"Where you are going? You're supposed to stay here under our protection." I turn to Cesar. "If you thought I couldn't protect myself you are very, very naive." I get in the driver's seat.

Ten minutes in the driver's seat and I feel like myself again. 

"Girl when were you gonna tell me you were in the states." I shrugged. "I was put on the first plane out of Moscow and didn't get to see my parents. So, I thought I was best to stay low until I got here."

"Hey Evie, think my hair looks stupid like this?" She laughed. "You look hot as hell, don't deny it." Rolling my eyes, I pull up to the beach.

"Again? All we do is sit in the sand and that shit gets everywhere."

"Fine let's go for a walk."

After walking around for forever I stop to look at a shiny cherry red 1960's Impala.

"If I could have sex with a car this would be what I'd take to bed." A deep chuckle comes from the hood of the car. "You can't have sex with the car, but you can have sex with its owner." A tall muscular dude with long shorts and a black wife beater stands up to walk towards us. "Nah I'm good. I just like your car." He nods.

"And I just like you hyna." Making me roll my eyes.

"So, what are two fine ass hynas like yourselves out at the beach at this hour?" I could feel Evie tensing up. "Couldn't sleep. But were going now." Evie grabs onto me at this point. 

"Be careful around here it's not safe." I nod.

We get all the way to Evie's car when I hear. "Wait what's your name?" I turn around seeing this dude standing we're we had just left.

"Stassie." And with that I got in the car.

Getting back to the house all the cholos were still in the same positions drinking and smoking weed. Evie just looked at me and sighed. "I wish you would leave this life behind and just get out and be free." I nod. "I wish it was that easy too. I would have left long ago." 

Evie had a tear, drop from her eye. "I don't want to lose you, deirfiur (sister)." I nod. 

"You won't." 

Making promises when me never ends well. Last person to make a promise with me died.

Walking up to the house I hear one of the dudes say, "Puta por ahi tratando de morir." Ceasr stood at that point. "I'm not out here trying to die puto. I can handle myself." Cesar just trying to get me into the house just keep saying he wasn't worth it. 

"Damn did you know she could speak Spanish?" I hear.

Once Cesar got me in my room, he just sat down next to me. "Cholas don't usually last around here. They usually do drops and pick-ups. They aren't used to a woman being strong on her own, let alone a Princess who can handle herself."

"They don't know I'm a Princess and I'm trying to keep it that way." He nods.

"Goodnight princesa." Cesar jokingly says as he shuts my door.

~

Still not able to sleep I got up and went out back. There was trash and old parts to anything back here. I finally found what I was looking for. A large piece of wood.

"Thwack"

"Thwack"

"Thwack"

"Thwack"

"Thwack"

As I was pulling the last knife out of the wood, Cesar opened up the back door. "Do you really have to do that now?" I ignore him and continue. Cesar comes up to me. "Please I am begging you just stop befor....and it's too late." I hear the wood steps creek.

"QUE MIERDA ES ESE RUIDO?" I hear.

"Cuchillo golpeando madera." I retort.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?"

Turning around I see the same black wife beater and long shorts.

"Anastasia Irina Alannah sans last name, you must be Spooky."

By now I can tell he's sizing me. "You told me you were Stassie." He finally says. "I am, but if we're gonna have to get to know each other you might as well know my real name." I say picking up my knife.

Cesar trying to figure out how we could have met. "How does she know who you are?" I throw my knife at the wood. "Because my parents and your bosses think we should join forces. So, I am here to make that happen." Spooky looking down at his little brother nodding in acknowledgement of what was just said. 

"Y'all wanna throw some?" The both shake their heads.

"I refer a gun," says Spooky. I nod.

"So, "gun range" is your thing. Cesar?" Cesar barely sixteen just shakes his head.

"Timonani (driver) then." I say.

"What?"

"If you can't handle this then you can drive me."

"I can't drive you I have no car."

"Fine then I have to get one. Automatic or standard?"

"He doesn't know shit about cars." Spooky says with distain in his mouth.

They're both just trying to figure me out.

"Then you'll be my comhairleoir (advisor)."

"Do you know what she's even saying?" Spooky shakes his head.

"It's Gaelic for advisor."

"If you need a car, we can get you one." Spooky says as I pull out my phone.

"It's taken care of, don't worry. If you'll excuse me, I have some pent-up aggression to get out."

"If you need to get rid of your aggression, we could just fu...." I pull a knife on Spooky.

"Don't think you can try that shit on me."

"Furiosa chica." My phone goes off.

Spatter comes through the receiver.

"в чем дело?"

"да, я скоро буду там." Collecting all my knifes and walking towards the house, I make a phone call.

"We have business." I leave the pair outside.

Evie pulls up in a newer sports car. The guys in the kitchen stand up to see who it is. I push through the crowd and go out the front door.

"Did you even get the specs that were sent to you?" She shakes her head. "Never had time to get to it." Fuck. I cock my gun and put it in the waistband of my pants. "Well happy freaking morning to us then."