Spooky-Torture

The last few days of staying at Twenty-nine Palms is hopefully coming to an end. Stassie's tia Aggi is getting on my last nerve. Don't get me wrong, she's nice for letting us stay with her until Igor can get dealt with but a wake up time of 'oh-six hundred hours' was annoying. Having to dress in these God awful navy blue uniforms, having to constantly be right next to Aggi, never having time to myself was starting to bring me back to prison days. 

I would do something stupid just to get away from my cellmate Jeremiah, stab someone-get locked up in solitary for five days, spit my food out at a guard. Anything for a few moments of silence. I was laying on my three inches of mattress when Stassie and Aggi barged in. Both with smiles on their faces.

"We get to go home." I sprang up from the mattress in so much excitement.

"When?" I felt as eager as a kid on Christmas.

"Just have to let the front gate know you guys are on your way out. Should be about five, ten minutes. Pack up and head out!" Aggi said as if she was speaking to her platoon. 

Aggi left the room to hopefully go call the gate and Stassie sat down on my bed with grief written all over her face.

"Que onda?" She looked up at me.

"Nothing, tired. Very happy to leave this place." Stassie got up and grabbed her duffel bag to change. I was already getting rid of this heinous blue uniform, searching for my clothes.

We left the building once more. Got into the Jeep with Aggi and drove towards the gate we came in just a short time ago. Stassie put the car into park and Aggi hopped out of the back seat.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." She chimed before shutting the door. Aggi and Stassie saluted each other one more time and we drove through the open gate.

"I never thought we were gonna leave." I said letting a deep breath out. Stassie lended over and grabbed my hand.

"Me neither. It was nice to see her but damn I don't miss living with her. I thought my sister was smothering, but I was wrong." I laughed and squeezed her hand.

"Aggi's nice, but she is a smother-er." 

Stassie let out a big laugh and turned onto the highway. "Two and a half hours and we'll be home, don't worry." Stassie let go of my hand and revved the engine. 

Two and half hours I thought was funny, Stassie will get us there in two flat. Hyna liked to drive fast.

---------------------------------

We made it back to the 'Ridge and a wait lifted off my shoulders. 

I think both of our shoulders.

Stassie pulled into Mr. Gutierrez's liquor store and we both got out. It was days without alcohol and we both needed a depressant right about now. I grabbed my forties, Stassie grabbed her favorite tequila and we both grabbed a shit ton of snacks.

A short drive down the road we made it to our house. 

It was still standing. 

Homies were sitting outside. 

It was home.

I collected all of our belongings from the trunk and Stassie made sure to grab all of the recent purchases.

"Homes!" Hector called from somewhere.

"Hi compa." Stassie hugged him.

"Where'd you go?"

"Twenty-nine palms. Wasn't safe with my ex around."

"Wait you talking about that skinny, blonde dude?" Hector described. 

"With that thick accent, no one can fucking understand?" Someone else included.

Stassie and I nodded our heads simultaneously.

"He was here like twenty minutes ago looking for you, Spooky." I looked at Stassie. 

Her eyes were widen, her breathing got heavy.

"He fucking lied to me!" She yelled.

I dropped our bags on the grass and held onto her. "We don't know for sure. Does Igor have a brother?" She shook her head.

"Let me go. I need to make a phone call." I squeezed her once more and released her from my hold. I watched as she flung open the front door and slam it shut.

"Skinny, blonde dude, accent. That's who were looking for." I stated to the chulos. They nodded and starting speaking amongst themselves.

"Green light, Spooky?" I shook my head.

"We torture this motherfucker." The chulos started cheering and getting excited. 

We hadn't tortured someone since one of the homies raped a hyna. We have a code amongst ourselves to protect one another, but raping anyone was unacceptable. He learned his lesson and was in Hell paying for it.