Stassie-Trouble

I was in a relationship with my bodyguard since I was thirteen, he was seventeen. That lasted about four years until I was kidnapped. Things felt different, my parents finally knew what was going on and hated everything about Igor and me. He was a low life mob member and I was someone who people were supposed to look up to. That's what my parents said. I don't know if anyone should look up to me, I'm not a hero, I don't save people, that's not who I was raised to be. I was raised to be ruthless and heartless to get the job done.

And Spooky was making me fall right back into that hole I dug my emotional self out of.

Watching him ask me how many babies I'd give him gave me a little too much sense of hope. This is not a life I wanted for my kids. I wanted them to have parents who had normal adult jobs, no violence. One home not four. I wanted them to be able to ride a bike and not be followed by a bodyguard but here I am. I could have left this life.

Could have.

Spooky left me alone to nap and he said he wanted to talk but here I sit on the couch waiting for him to talk. It was close to two and I had told Cesar I'd pick him up, so I went and got dressed in something other than pajamas, left a note and left the house.

Driving back down the same road as the morning left calming. I didn't have two blacked out cars following my whereabouts, I could listen to any type of music I wanted. This was the simple life I wanted. Correction I had this life in Massachusetts, but I let it slip away.

Cesar and crew were standing right where I dropped them off. "Hello everyone." They all pilled in. "So, what's up?" I heard a bunch of grumpy sounds. "Okay. Where am I going?" Cesar finally answered with an address. I pulled up to a modest house and all, but Cesar got out.

"Cesar you coming?" Cesar shook his head. "Santo's business." He answered Monse. She just looked aggravated.

"It's not a smart thing to piss off your girlfriend dude." Wide eyes look back at me. "She's not my girlfriend." I let out a little laugh. "She's your something, then."

I can feel the tension coming from the passenger seat all the way back to the house. "She's well she is my..." Cesar was thinking about how to explain Monse.

"She's someone you want to be your girlfriend. I'm gonna guess you don't wanna lose your friends over the situation and she feels the same way." He just nods. "It's cool. I've done that before."

"What have you done?"

"Dated a friend and be afraid what would happen."

"What happened?"

I pulled into the driveway. "I almost died." I could tell that this conversation didn't help him out at all. "Sorry don't listen to me. I'm crazy." I remain sitting the car. "Crazy but at least I can hear the consequences."

"Well I was dating my bodyguard and then got kidnapped and then that's too much information." Cesar did not have to hear this, and I just kept spewing more out to him. "This is too much information sorry." Cesar nods. "Definitely. But hey thanks, no one really talks about relationships around here other than to brag." I nod. "I can tell."

"So, what Santo stuff you got going on?" Cesar shrugs.

"Monse was trying to make a plan to get me out of the Santo's and I just didn't want to hear it. I'm a Santo and I can't escape that." I say a quick 'Amen' to that. "Want to start advising me then?" He nods. "Where somewhere good to eat around here?" Cesar points to the house. "Oscar." I shake my head. "Sleeping and I'm hungry." Cesar nods. "Julio's then." 

We pulled out of Julio's and drove a little bit aways. "Take the next right. RIGHT!" Cesar screamed. I did as I was told. "Where the hell are we going?" Cesar turns around. "We're being followed. Two dudes back corner of Julio's taking photos of you. Now they're following us." He didn't have to tell me twice. I gunned it. "Tell me how to get out of here." He gave me directions. 

All of a sudden a realization that the car keeping up with us gave me an idea. 

"Where's an empty parking lot?" Cesar just shook his head. "WHERE'S AN EMPTY PARKING LOT?" I say. He points ahead of us. Pulling in, the car follows us. "Stay in the car. Get in the back." He hops the seat. "You have a gun?" He asks. "Call Spooky." Cesar follows directions really well I make a mental note of.

I get out of the car and stand in front it. The car is now facing us high beams on. I have one clip on me not enough to make it out of here. A car door opens and someone steps out from the back. "D'inis muid duit fanacht le Diaz níos sine." (We told you to stay with the older Diaz)

"I can do what I want." The figure standing in front of me now. "Follow directions Ana and there shouldn't be a problem." I nod. "I am but I also told you that I needed to see what this place has to offer." 

"Just don't end up being seen with another Prophet then." I'm annoyed at this point. 

"Who the fuck told you?"

"Evie." We both say.

"Conor just leave me alone and do as your told. I can make a call and get you on the first flight back to Ireland." He was now standing in clear view. "But what fun would it be by not ruining your fun, Ana." I could tell he was challenging me. 

I reached for my phone and waved it at him. "One call. Do you want to try me?" He thinks about it for a second before responding. "No pops would be pretty mad at me." I laugh. "Go back to my nieces and nephews, dearthair. I love you be safe." Connor hugs me. The first time since I was little he willingly hugged me. 

"Is he a good guy?" I nod. "Hasn't made me put a bullet in him yet." He laughs. "If he tries something." Connor starts to say. "We all know I can handle myself. You take care of your family." 

"Anymore of us in that car?" He laughs, "Yeah. Ira come out." Ira got out of the drivers side. "Damn girl it is good to see you." Its nice to see them together. "You too little brother." He scoffs. "I am not little." I smack him. "No you guys are huge but you are my little brothers." I realized that I left Cesar in the car. "I got to go back to the house before they think I kidnapped the little Diaz."

Connor and Ira tried figuring out where he was. "I told him to hide because I didn't know who you were." They both laugh and hug me once more. "Bye Ana, give us a kid so we can call relax for a little bit." I nod. "I'm working on it." They both make throw up noises. "I think its weird we want you to have a baby but the process of you doi...." Conor gags again. "Bye assholes." I get back into the car.

"Its cool. They're cool. Call off the search dogs." Cesar sits up from the backseat. "Well I've already called Oscar." Fuck. "Call him and tell him its handled. They won't bother us again unless I need them to." Confusion is all I can read. "Those were my brothers." Cesar looks up at the black Tahoe speeding away from us now. "Thank God." I shake my head. "Call him before he gets the whole block looking for us." Cesar grabs his phone. 

"Hey its handled. No. No I didn't, Stassie. Spooky. Spooky! Stassie handled it. Yeah were fine. Yeah were coming home right now. No don't. Okay. Alright were coming." 

He hangs up the phone. "We are totally fucked." I nod. I know we are. We were told to keep everything on the down low and this is anything but down low.

These are the boring lead up chapters. 

Don't worry more dramatic stuff is sure to come.

What do you guys think so far? Comment below!