Stassie-I messed up y'all

I must have fallen asleep and been asleep for a long time because when I woke up Evie was sitting in my living room with Cesar. The sight of the pair shocked me almost giving me a heart attack.

"What the hell guys?!"

"Why'd you run from Spooky?"

"I don't know." I stood up and sat in a long back chair.

"Whatcha doing in Massachusetts then?" I grabbed my bag and the invitation.

"For this." I handed the invitation to Evie.

"'Congratulations to the graduates of two-thousand and eighteen. Graduation proceedings Thursday December sixth at noon.'" Evie read it aloud.

"You did it? You got your degree?" Evie piped up.

"Undergraduate at eighteen. Master's at twenty-one. What can I say? I'm a smart bitch." I gave them a double hand gesture twirl thing.

"We need to be back by Friday." Evie says.

"Cuchillos is throwing you a birthday party." Cesar states.

"Oh great. Like my last one went that smooth that I needed another one?" Cesar nodded.

"Get drunk, smoke some weed, celebrate. Celebrate life and graduating. Leave all the other bullshit back here in Massachusetts."

"Okay I can do that. But one question. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NOT IN RUSSIA!?!?" I punch Cesar.

"Chill Ana. I told the brothers I was taking him to hide out where no one could find him. And Massachusetts is somewhere they wouldn't look. Ireland, Russia, hell Mexico even, aren't safe enough for him."

"Fine but there are rules to living in my house."

"Please I live with Oscar. He's king of the rules."

"Yeah well welcome to the Queen of this mother fucking ship." I slapped his feet off my coffee table.

I went to the university for the first time since I went in for my application interview. I was about to hand deliver my last paper ever. Walking through the buildings I never had the chance to sit in felt strange but when I got to my professor's office everything clicked.

Knocked on the door a man probably thirty opened the door.

"Can I help you?" I nodded.

"Hopefully. My name is Stassie, I mean Anastasia. I am here to hand in my dissertation." The man took it from me.

"This is gonna be interesting. How come I've never seen you in a lecture before?"

"I did online but I felt like I needed to hand this in, in person."

"Well alrighty then. See you at graduation Anastasia." He shook my hand. Shit felt real not a dream anymore.

"See you at graduation." I said.

I turned around and ran out of the building all the way back to my car. This was a great day. Instead of driving back to the house I drove to my favorite spot in Massachusetts. Sandwich. Seafood, Coast Guard officers and open ocean.

What's not to like?

Seagulls and cold, windy weather is what not to like. I forgot just how rigid the weather on the coast could get and here I sat in a sweater and thin jeans.

I stayed by the water waiting for sunset and just as the sun went below the water level I started the car and cranked it in the direction of Stop and Shop.