Stassie-Panic

It seemed like we held onto each other for forever, but it was really only a few minutes. I was tired and jetlagged; he was on some heavy drugs. It felt weird and normal at the same time. I was just glad to be back with Oscar but not glad to be back at the same time. After the torture I was put through I wanted a tropical vacation to Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, somewhere in the Caribeaan where I could sit on the beach with a drink in my hand, not having a care in the world. But with Oscar of course.

           My head was spinning as we laid down on my old bed, in my old half empty bedroom. No one was gonna make us go back to our mob lives until we were both a hundred percent. If they wanted to relentless, scary motherfuckers then they would have to wait for my ribs to heal and for his liver to be a hundred percent again.

--------------------------------------

           In the morning, mom got me a new cellphone and I gathered everyone's phone numbers from Cesar's phone because he was the only one not using it. Monse's face came up on the screen but Cesar wasn't around to answer it. I took a moment before I decided to just answer it myself.

Hey Monse, its Stassie. Cesar's in the shower.

M-Oh hi, that's fine I can call him later. But can I talk to you, I needed to ask you something.

What can I do for you?

M-My dad was talking to me about going to a private school for my senior year in New Hampshire. Cesar told me you guys were in New England and I need to see it. Plus, it's where Cesar is so I was....

Monse you're ranting. Do you wanna fly to Massachusetts so I can take you up to see it this weekend?

M-Exactly. Sorry I rant when I need to get things out but don't know how to say it. So, I can fly into Massachusetts and you'll take me?

Yeah. I think Cesar could use a visit from you anyway. Just tell your dad before you leave.

M-Okay. Thank you so much.

No problem. Be safe.

M-Can we not tell Cesar I'm coming? I want it to be a surprise.

Yeah, we can pull that off. See you soon.

I hung up and Oscar was standing above me. He looked down at me and smiled. It was great to see him alive and well. Ever since last night I felt better about being here. He looked better than I could have imagined for someone almost dying. We were both broken and healing in our own time.

"Whatcha scheming?"

"Don't worry about it. Sit down. Did I wake you up?"

"No, I had some pain and needed to take something."

"Want me to make you some food? Just sit, I'll make us both something." I got up and he grabbed my arm.

"Princesa, I can do it myself. Holy shit you're bleeding." Oscar had panic in his eyes, and he was staring down at my legs.

I looked down at my pajamas and they were stained red. And not just a little amount, a lot.

"I'll go get your mom, stay here." He 'ran' upstairs as fast as he could before I could even get out a word. Oscar must have worked fast because people started scrambling downstairs.

"WHAT'S WRONG?" My mother shouts.

"Nothing. I'm fine, Oscar just overreacted."

"Anastasia, you're bleeding. A lot." My mother came towards me and I stepped back.