Stassie-Ocean Eyes

My sister turned to drugs at fifteen when I was kidnapped. My parents refused to talk to her and refused to let me talk to her. My grans got so concerned about her that she involuntarily admitted her to an inpatient rehab center in Maine. It took until my eighteenth birthday for my parents to allow a phone call with her. The entire call she apologized for what had happened to me. And said she'd give up all the drugs if I went and saw her.

At eighteen I snuck out of the house my parents had me stashed in, in Ireland. I got on a plane and went to Maine. Just as I arrived at the house Evie was staying at, I saw her overdosing on the front lawn. In that moment I knew that this was going to be a struggle for her. Its where she met Sarah apparently, where I realized that deep down I figured that how she'd leave the world. Igor was the one that came to find me. I later found out from my parents that he was the one that gave her Xannax to 'calm down' I couldn't look past it. He almost allowed my sister to die. Igor tried even though we had broken up to get me back. He betrayed me and didn't understand how my parents allowed him to continue being a body guard for us or hell why they didn't kill him right then when he admitted everything to them.

            Walking into my room and watching the same scene three years later brought out the depressive state that I left a long time ago. Oscar was sweet enough to care about me to let me be me. He brought us to the beach after he told me he was taking me on a date. Except this wasn't the one that Sarah was killed at, he brought me to Santa Monica. 

Oscar pulled me out of the car and we walked right up to the ocean.

We sat in silence we eat turkey sandwiches and had a couple beers.

"I'll be right back." I say to him, I took my phone out of my pocket and left it behind.

Open ocean, calming, allowed ample time to reflect. I walked into the Pacific Ocean just a bit. I threw off my cardigan and walked further in. I dunked my head under the water and stayed there for a moment. Or a moment took long because before I knew it, two strong hands thrusted me out of the water. "Hey are you crazy?!"

"Can you try to not kill yourself right now princesa?" I wiped the dripping water away from my face.

"No promises." I held on to him.

"Waters calming isn't it."

"Every time I go to Massachusetts I always go to this town kind of near Cape Cod called Sandwich. There's a seafood place, I order clams and fries and then go sit down by the water. I actually went there the day before Evie and I flew home. Its where I decided I love you."

Oscar pulled me away to look down at me.

"You love me?" I nodded.

"Probably too early to tell you that but in our line of work, too early is better than too late." Oscar lends down and kisses me.

"Never too early." I pulled him back flush to my body.

"Your hair is dripping color."

"Yeah I've barely washed it since Carmen dyed it."

"What's your real hair color?"

"Ginger."

"I think you look good with black hair."

"I hate my eyebrows. They used to be blonde now they're charcoal black." I felt as he ran a finger over my eyebrows.

"Black brings out the green of your eyes better I think." I nod.

"Sorry."

"Sorry about what princesa?"

"Mikey, my fucked up sister and staying under the water too long."