Stassie-Constricted

My stay at the hospital came to a sudden end minutes after the nurse left me. I walked out right next to my father dressed in a modest dress, Pollyanne brought for me. 

(I like adding the outfits so here's the dress)

My brothers had my back and I felt like we were the Avengers walking into battle. My father's bodyguard held open the door for us to exit and there was a line of press waiting for us to speak. I nodded at my father and stepped aside.

"Hello, I want to address the rumors saying my daughter, Grand Duchess Anastasia was held captive. I can confirm she was and at this point that local and international police are looking into the incident. At this point we believe that her captors are at large, police are also looking for them to come in for questioning. The entire royal family is happy to have Anastasia here and safe. Thank you."

"Your Imperial Majesty! Is the Grand Duchess going home right now?" My father looked at me and gestured for me to answer. I took a deep breath and stepped in front of the microphones.

"Hello, yes I am going home. I wanted to thank the local Naples' police department as well as the hospital staff here for taking care of me. I am happy to finally get the chance to go home."

"Grand Duchess! Is it true that you're engaged to a man from your home country, Russia?"

"No, it is not true. Please no more questions at this time. I would like to go home to my family." I stepped away from the chaos of the press. They kept trying to ask questions but everyone rushed to leave them behind.

My brothers got me into their cars and we drove to the airport. Connor and Ira with me, destination Boston. Nicky and Pollyanne with my father heading back to Russia. 

The vehicles made turns so fast it was making me nauseous.

"Are you good?" Connor asked.

"Much better than a few hours ago. What happened with the bodyguards we do have?"

"Dad vetted them again. Made them pledge blood oaths for our lives."

"Anyone dead?"

"Lebedev, Smirnov and both Ivanovs. We found them in a pub here. They were so drunk that they didn't see us coming. Igor is still out there somewhere, don't worry we'll find him."

"We won't need to. He'll come for me. We'll use me as bait to capture that son of a bitch." Connor patted my shoulder.

"I'm sorry we didn't protect you."

"No one can protect me. Everyone knows that." Ira turned around from the passenger seat and shook his head at me.

"Stop putting everyone above you and then we can protect you."

"Not that simple dearthaireacha beaga." (little brothers)

The driver whipped into the airbase and pulled right up next to our families military plane and a private jet.

"Your Imperial Highness, are you going to Russia or America?"

"America, sir." I answered.

              The driver drove up to the military plane and we got out. My father ran over and hugged each of us before we left. I was too tired to talk to him anymore. This eleven hour flight was gonna be hell. The stewardesses greeted me as I got on the plane and I waved at them making my way to the offices.

"Ma'am would you like an armed guard by your bedroom?" I turned to see the head of my father's detail standing before me.

"Could someone just sit there while I sleep?" Sven nodded his head and spoken into his communication piece.

             Connor boarded the plane next, he looked at me and then went into the cockpit to make sure the pilot was on board with where we were going. Ira followed close behind with two duffel bags that I hadn't seen before.

"Your clothes are in the blue one. Pajamas and such. The black one has more delicate things in. Do you need anything?"

"Can you give me a painkiller? I want to not remember today."

"Can you have one with the..." He stopped himself from finishing his question and reached into his first aid to grab a couple bottles.

"Take one. Just one." I nodded and looked at the pill bottles.

I chose to take one oxycodone and slip in my pocket. Ira took the bottles back and went to the other office that the flight crew turned into a bedroom for the boys.

            My mother's office now served as my bedroom with a single bed and her desk. I let the duffel bags fall to the ground and I looked thru looking for pajamas. My fuzzy thermal pajamas were the only ones in the bag and I gladly wanted them on. My ribs were killing me and my dress constricted me even more.

We took off from the airbase a while later. When the seatbelt sign went off, I stood up and went into my room. The bodyguard assigned to me also came and sat in a chair adjacent to my door. He nodded at me and I shut the door.

My ribs were killing me and I had such bad cramps from the pill I took. I found the painkiller and took it. 

First and last painkiller I was ever gonna take.

It felt weird that I was sitting here on the same plane four years later, same situation I escaped. Yet I felt completely different. 

At seventeen I was scared and frightened by everyone. No one could speak to me or look at me without a huge freak out on my end.

Now all I cared about was getting back to see how Oscar was. Not caring that I had an abortion, or that I was raped. I felt completely different.

I felt half empty.