Stassie-Let's Do This

"You wanna fight? Let's go." I stepped up to my older cousin.

"I doubt you could take me." Someone was pulling me back, I wrangled my arm out of their hold.

"Place and time." I got up in her face. We were similar in height but I had on heels making me taller.

"How about right now? Or you too scared."

"Let's fucking do this." I backed away to face my angry family.

"LET'S FUCKING DO THIS!" 

Ma shook her head and Uncle Thomas was nodding in satisfaction. 

"Twelve rounds or KTO." I nodded. 

Last time I boxed I knocked her ass right now.

Evie left Mikey's side to come to me. "We need to find unbiased judges." 

I shook my head. "No judges. Either we fight to the bell or knock out." 

Sasha nodded. "Bell or knock out." She said in agreement.

             Oscar stood amongst the rest of them, looking at me and shaking his head but recognized my need to do this. Ma was still shaking her head. The only ones wanting to see the fight knew what was about to happen. Looking for someone to justify my actions. To justify the challenge. I stared at each of my family members waiting.

"Fine. Let's do this then." Ma finally said. "Black cases are being put up for the winner." 

I started to pump my shoulders. Thank you, Mom. I started to pray but got interrupted.

"Gonna have to change out of your silk, little cousin." Sasha sneered. 

I toned Sasha out. 

            Evie was the one of us that took to boxing like it was second nature. Didn't mean I wouldn't fight the bros or any guy bigger than me. Sasha was fast but I had longer arms. Evie started rubbing my shoulders. She was trying to relax me. Evie let go of my shoulders and faced me. With a quick nod between us I said, "Let's do this." I walked out of the room after her. She had brought her boxing stuff to the Embassy just for fun. Her fun was turning into my blood bath and I was gonna end it all.

Fighting tooth and nail to get this family off my back. 

Evie's room was full of random things and certainly a complete mess.

"Boxing stuffs right here." She pulled out her shorts and tank. I unzipped my dress and threw on the clothes.

"Do you want a pep talk or no?" I shook my head.

"Just tape me up and do my hair." Evie started pulling my hair back into two braids.

"Tighter." I reminded her. Her grip got tighter. There was a quick knock at the door and my mother came in.

"Why are you doing this?" Concern covered her face.

"I thought this was family tradition." I retorted.

"Fighting your cousin is not a smart idea. You just got home from the hospital over a week ago. Just let me deal with this and you can go home."

"NO! We do this now!" I said before she could leave the room.

"Fine, then you hit and you make sure you hit her hard." Mom picked up the tape and started wrapping my hands.

"You win or lose. Make her bleed, Ana." I nodded. 

Evie was done with my braids and started prepping my gloves.

"Do you want me to get Oscar?" I shook my head.

"Take the ring."

"What about your crosses?"

"They don't leave my person." Mom was done wrapping my hands and held them together.

"Hit her hard, be faster than her, and remember to keep your right glove up."

"Bitch doesn't know what she's getting into." Nicky slid through the bedroom door.

"Sasha expects your right hook. Remember what I taught you. Jab with the right, strike with the left." I nodded.

Jab.

Strike.

"We're ready out here." Someone on the other side said.

"Get your shoes laced and let's go." Mom and Evie put my shoes on and I stood up.

"LET'S FUCKING DO THIS!" I yelled.

Mom and Evie walked out in front of me, leaving Nicky and I in the room.

"We have bigger problems than Sasha and Thomas. You get through this and our problems might just go away." I nodded and walked out.

The gym that usually has equipment in the middle had a boxing ring instead. Chairs were set up on either side of the ring. Sasha was trying to lure me into losing. But this stupid need for power from my Uncle was about to end.

My family was divided. 

Cousins were standing with Sasha but my brothers and sister were behind me. Oscar and crew were staring at me as they sat behind my family on both sides. Cesar was escorted into the gym with Monse just as I stepped into the ring.

"Ready to lose?" Thomas asked.

"Ready to die?" I asked back. He stepped away from his daughter and sat down.

"Remember what I said." I nodded and Nicky put my mouthguard in for me.

I stepped up in the middle of the ring to my cousin.

"Reidh?" I asked.

We touched gloves, walked away and waited for the bell.