Stassie-Smoke Break

He did it. 

I couldn't believe it.

We went to bed right after, I was thankful. My body hurt from boxing and the bathroom sex. My shoulders felt like I could pop them off like a doll at any moment. I woke up intertwined with Oscar's body and untwisting from him hurt like a motherfucker.

It took me a few minutes before I thought my feet could withstand my body weight to stand up. When I did, I grabbed a pair of Oscar's sweatpants, shimming them on. I didn't know who was in the house but they didn't need to see my bare ass.

I was right to put on pants. The kitchen was filled with Santos members. They said hello and I said good morning but we didn't talk any further. They brought over their drop money and were waiting of Oscar to wake up, no other reason why they'd still be waiting around. 

I brewed a pot of coffee and grabbed his cigarettes from his flannel.

"Yo Stass, can you wake Spooky up? We have other things to do." 

I pointed to his room. "You can go wake the beast." The homies just sat back down at the table and I went outback. Evie and Mikey were sitting on the newly added porch.

"Homies giving you a hard time?" Mikey asked.

"Nah, they just want me to wake the beast. I mean Oscar." All three of us laughed.

"When did you start smoking again?" Evie piped up when she saw what was in my hand.

"Just need to do something to occupy myself with." 

Evie shook her head at me. "Those things will kill you." I shrugged and lit one.

"Better to die by a cigarette than getting shot. Or beaten to death." The tense rose amongst our conversation with that statement.

"Well that was fun. Stass we have a question for you?" I flicked the ash off the cigarette and looked at Mikey.

"Will you be our baby's godmother?" My attention went to Evie, I raised an eyebrow at her.

"So, what do you say?"Evie said. I sipped my coffee and thought about every situation possible. None of which had a good ending.

"Wouldn't you rather have someone who doesn't put themselves in danger to be the godmother? I mean Evie, I love you but we both know if something happened to you or Mikey, I wouldn't be as safe as....I don't know...Maren or Pollyanne."

"Ana, you put everyone but yourself ahead of you. With you being head of the family you'll have more rights to this kid than me or Mikey." That was true. As head of the family I could take custody without needing a reason.

"Fine, I'll do it. Who's the godfather?"

"Well we were thinking it could be you and Oscar since you'll both be in charge." I nodded and saw commotion through the back door happening in the kitchen.

"I wouldn't ask him just yet." Mikey looked at me. "Why?" 

I pointed to the very angry Oscar sliding open the back door. "Oh." Left Mikey's lips like a ghost whisper.

"Fucking dipshits woke me up!" He hollered and I giggled.

"You stealing my smokes princesa." I held up a finger.

"Just one." Oscar kissed my lips and took the cigarette.

"These things will kill you." 

Evie clapped. "Thank you." She said loudly.

"Evie he's just gonna smoke that one with me." Evie sat back in her chair and have us both a look.

"You gonna let me sit down?" I looked up at Oscar and patted my lap.