Stassie-Going Home

I got into my Uber and told him to drop me at the gate of the Russian Embassy. I needed to get out of here for a hot minute to think. I was about to walk up to the guards when someone grabbed my arm. I looked and Nicky was the one pulling me away from the gate.

"What are you doing?" I asked and pulled my arm from his grip.

"Saving you. Dad's here talking to Spooky's bosses. They're scheming about something." I nodded.

"I have to go somewhere not in this state." I say to him.

"Why not go home?" I looked at him.

"I am not going to Russia." I state.

"Not Russia, dumbass. Home, home. Massachusetts." I thought to myself. I wasn't gonna go to my graduation and risk anything but it wasn't a bad idea now. I'd get out of Freeridge and be able to think clearly.

"How though? Its not like I can charter a plane without dad knowing." Nicky tapped my shoulder making me turn around to look at him.

"How about I fly you there?" My eyes widened.

"Holy shit! I forgot you were a pilot."

"5 years in the fucking military and you barely missed me."

"Yeah cause you were always a dick to me growing up."

"Come on. I'll get you there." He hopped the fence to the airport and ran towards the hanger. A two passenger plane came taxiing out of the hanger towards me. I carefully slide my bag over the fence and climbed it myself. As soon as I was on the tarmac someone came running out of the hanger at us.

"Deifir!" (Hurry) I ran towards the plane hopping up on the wing and climbed in.

"To Boston we go!" I pointed to the sky.

Nicky started to speak into the headset and got us a flight path to Massachusetts.

We landed in a field ten miles out from Boston and twenty miles from my house. 

"Are you flying back or are you gonna stay around here?" I asked Nicky. 

"Ma's got me on a flight to Ireland to talk to Thomas about the black cases. I have to get to the airport to get a new ticket from here." He climbed out of the plane grabbing my bag for me.

"Logan is probably not busy right now. If it were me I'd start heading that way. Also tell me what happens with Thomas."

"Okay probably just gonna go ruff him up a little nothing too business necessary." He stepped back to light a cigarette.

"Where are you going?" He asks coughing out the smoke.

"Home dearthair." I hopped out of the plane, grabbed my bag and walked towards the road.

"I'd guess where in Framingham or Concord. Not sure but we can't be seen together. I'm gonna head this way. Go that way and order a taxi." I tell Nicky.

"What should we do about the plane? No never mind I'll handle it. Stay safe Ana. I don't need a call from Ma telling me you're dead."

"Why? It'd mean you'd be back on top."

"Doesn't mean I want you dead even if I want to be back on top." I laughed and waved at him.

I walked to the most local spot out here.

Dunkin.

           I ordered a large iced coffee and my mouth watered from the excitement of having Dunkin's coffee again.

I haven't been in Massachusetts since I was seventeen and I missed it. I ordered an Uber and had the girl drop me a couple miles away from my actual address and walked home.

           Fifteen minutes later I was standing in front of the house that I lived in for fourteen years. I looked at the structure; A-frame, mid-century, perfectly set in the woods. I slide my hide-away key into the lock and walked back into all my memories.

Depression soon hit me and I laid on the ground in the living room crying my heart out.