Spooky-Finish Him

When I woke up I saw a room full of people, all familiar faces except the one that I really wanted by my side. I couldn't speech because I had a tube down my throat and when the nurse came in to remove it my throat was so dry nothing came out. 

Mama Patty sat on my right side holding my hand as if I was the anchor holding her down in the world. Cesar was sitting on my other side gripping my shoulder. Both my family and Stassie's was all there except Stassie.

Mama Patty scooted people out of my room so she could speak to me and me only. Didn't help me because my voice still hadn't come back.

She sat down in the chair she previously was in, I tried reading her face but I just couldn't.

"So, you should know I had you moved to a better hospital, we're in Boston right now. Ana's father and I will be taking care of your medical bills." Mama Patty was dragging her feet, I could tell. She was trying to slowly break something to me. She smiled and then looked away, avoiding me.

I tried to speak but couldn't, Mama Patty handed me a notepad and I wrote down 'Sta' but before I could finish she looked at me with those sad mothering eyes.

"Ana was taken that night. The men that were supposed to be your bodyguards protecting each and everyone of you, betrayed us and helped take her." I couldn't look at her anymore. It was too painful.

"Oscar, we have everyone we can trust looking for her. Igor is smart, military trained he'll have her hidden away somewhere. We just have to find out where." I nodded.

The doctor came in and broke up our devastating one sided conversation and I was glad.

"Hello young man, I am Doctor Saillant, I am your surgeon. I wanted to go over what happened to you if that's alright with you?" I nodded so she could continue. The door opened again and someone came in with papers and an iPad then left suddenly.

"Mr. Diaz you were shot in your abdomen. The bullet which we extracted had pierced your liver. My team and I successfully patched up your liver and you have had no problems with it so far. But we ran some tests on the bullet you were shot with because it was an unfamiliar looking piece. We found that it contained traces of aconite which is an alkaloid toxin which is know for its toxic properties. Because of the dual trauma we thought it best that we put you in a medically induced coma so we could give your body enough time to recover. Your brother made that decision with us. Mr. Diaz, you are very lucky to be alive." The blonde doctor stopped talking and another person entered the room.

"Hello Mr. Diaz, I'm Dr. Abuelo I am here to talk to you about your recovery and to help you set up appointments with therapists and such." 

I shot a look to Mama Patty and she gave me a look, I bet she's used on all her kids.

"We will have to set up appointments with a physiotherapist, occupational therapist and psychologist before I feel as though you can be taken care of properly. For your gunshot wound we have you on a round of antibiotics and gave you a tetanus vaccine to stop any bad bacteria that could have done more damage. You lost a lot of blood, so the hospital in Nevada had to give you two blood transfusions. You've been on an I.V. drip since you entered the ambulance. When O.T. comes to see you we will preform a swallow study to make sure that everything is working right and then you might be able to get the I.V. out. Your brother signed all the forms for you saying we could treat you, is there anything you would like to change." I looked up at Mama Patty hoping for some help with my decisions but she just looked at me, waiting to see what I decided.

For a month I was in a medically induced coma to ensure my recovery. Igor shot me with a poisonous bullet that had severe side effects and could have led to my untimely death. The bullet also lodged itself into my liver causing major loss of blood and required me to have surgery to repair the damage. 

Cesar and Mama Patty basically saved my life with making decisions for me. As well as those doctors.

I had unfinished business though. 

He took the only woman I cared about away from me.

I was gonna get her back, even if it killed me to do so.

So, no changes to the plan. I wanted to recover the proper way, to get stronger to kill that son of a bitch.

I shook my head at the doctors, they nodded at me and left the room.

I grabbed the pad of paper and wrote down a note for everyone.

'Find that puto.'