Stassie-Blackout

While Oscar had himself boarded up in his room, I still had to deal with all the bullshit my life is laced with. Evie said her and Mikey had been fighting, she couldn't talk to Grans about it so she turned up here to see me. I was helping her through it, as long as I could keep an eye on her and run business, she could stay with me. Evie was a blubbery mess everyday when we woke up making her useless for business when I needed her. Cuchillos still had me working on the stash houses and with Spooky preoccupied it was up to Hector, Mikey and Sad Eyes to help me. They got me into the Prophets territory and I got them what they wanted. No more rival gang.

I was laying the last wires when Señora Marisol called me to come get the first fitting. The boys had the car waiting for me and we booked it. They kept telling me that not going back with them was stupid but I also had less than two weeks to get this dress done.

Hector dropped me at the Martinez household and kept telling me if something happens to call them but they keep forgetting that they need my help.

With a quick knuckled knock, a guy probably my age answered the door.

"Can I help you?"

"Hi, I'm looking for Marisol. She's working on my dress." The guy gestured for me to enter.

"Abuelita! Ah...what's your name?"

"Stassie."

"Abuelita! Stassie's here for you!" The guy couldn't go find her, he had to yell throughout the house.

"Did you say Stassie?" Ruby asked coming out from a side room.

"Stassie! How are you?"

"You know. Same old, same old. How's the elbow?"

"Healing slowly. Did Oscar ask you about calling Cesar?" I nodded.

"Christmas Day, twelve p.m. at the crib." The older version of Ruby was gawking at me.

"Where are my manners? Mario, this is Stassie. Stassie this is my older brother Mario." I nodded and shook his hand.

"I figured. Your ex girlfriend slaps really hard."

"Angelica! Um....I mean yeah Angelica, what about it?"

"Just a misunderstanding. And if I was you I'd stay away from her?"

"Why?"

"She's dating a Santo." Mario was wiping his face like he was frustrated.

"MARIO! I NEED HELP GETTING UP!" Some woman yelled from a room.

"I got to go. Nice meeting you Stassie."

"You too." I watched as he opened a bedroom door and walked through.

"He's got a baby mama." I nodded.

"Good. Angelica and Sacco seem to be all over each other these days. Plus Sacco is fucking crazy." Ruby nodded and Abuelita came out with my dress.

"Mija! Como esta?"

"Bien, e tu?"

"Bien!" Marisol exclaimed.

"You got drama for me?" I shook my head.

"Okay well let's put this thing on." I nodded and walked behind her into a bedroom.

-------------------------------------------

The dress fitting had gone well. Marisol told me about her life in Mexico and the drama between Mario and his mom. Everyone seemed to be pissed about the baby coming but Ruby. I said it was to take the attention of his bullet wound but Marisol said he was just a crybaby and didn't want to show his older brother anger. I disagreed.

I walked back from the Martinez's to the house and as soon as my foot hit the grass everyone seemed to turn around and give me ever emotion Mother Nature has.

Hector was pissed off.

Sad Eyes was grateful I was there.

Mikey was relieved that I made it home safe.

After talking to them and them yelling at me about walking on the street, I went into the house. Oscar was finally out of his room and cooking and Evie was engrossed in Netflix. I kissed my sister's head and sat down at the table.

"Hola." I said.

"Hey. Where were you?"

"Marisol had me do a dress fitting. I was at her house."

"I told you to stay here." Oscar growled at me.

"Yeah well laying out black cases in Prophets territory is a little more dangerous than trying on a dress." I got from the chair and walked away. I sat down on my bed and prayed.

I passed out from exhaustion and woke up to darkness filling the room from the outside. I walked into the kitchen and no one was there. I grabbed some food from the fridge and started cooking. Evie came in the back door with Mikey and they both hugged me.

"Thank you for believing me." Evie said.

"Thanks for taking care of both of us." Mikey said.

"I love you guys. Its was no...no." I lost my grip on the counter.

I felt the cold title floor beneath me now all over my body.

I think I saw people running around me.

Evie was over me trying to talk to me. But I couldn't hear her.

The last thing I remember is Oscar standing over me.

And then everything went black.