Stassie-A Layover to Home

"Ma'am we have arrived." I was woken up by my bodyguard. The sun was setting in the sky and I was so confused about where we were.

"Okay. How long until I have to get off?"

"Should be about ten minutes, ma'am."

"Great thank you, Art." I heard his footsteps walk away and I grabbed my duffel bag with clothes.

I started to pick out sweatpants when someone knocked on my door. "Yo, Annie its cold out. I have your jacket. Also there's cameras waiting to see us. So dress for that." I rolled my eyes and placed my sweatpants back in the bag.

"Just leave the jacket on the chair right there. I'll be out in a minute." I picked out a more casual outfit to wear that wouldn't kill my ribs but would also look presentable. I opened the door and my bodyguard Art was standing there ready to grab my bags.

"Purse and jacket are right here. Cameras are about ten yards away from the cars. John and I will get you to the car safely." He handed my stuff to me and I gladly took them. "Sunglasses are also in the purse, as well as your newly issued handgun."

Newly issued handgun. 

Swanky. Dad is definitely trying to make it up to me. 

Art grabbed my bags and I threw the jacket on. Oh have I missed the snow, the building and some of the planes had layers of snow on them.

Connor and Ira stepped off the plane with another equally sized guy. I didn't recognize him. I opened the purse to grab sunnies and walked off the plane in-between Art and another bodyguard.

"Welcome back to Boston, Stassie." Cesar hollered next to the twins making me look up from the stairs I was focusing on not falling down. 

Rage filled my mind for a quick second before I calmed down again. I wanted to smack everyone involved in this idiotic plan to bring him back here. I know he did not just leave Ireland to come here. 

No fucking way.

             My mother told me that once everything happened after Evie and Mikey's wedding, she had no choice but to send him to Ireland. Against Thomas' pleas and everything, Cesar was under his protection and if he fucked up it was on him. Cesar was still hiding out to keep him safe but it made it a little more difficult to do so now that he was turning eighteen in a few weeks.

"Get your ass back in Ireland. We aren't dealing with this shit again."

"Can't make me do shit and you know it." I throw my hands up in the air.

"Ma'am will you need anything else?" Art loaded the blacked out SUV for me.

"No, thank you. Go home to your families boys. We'll be fine." Art and the other bodyguard got into another car and drove off before we could get in ours.

"Who's driving?" Connor asked.

"Do you know the way to my house?" The three boys shook their heads.

"Then I will." I started walking towards the drivers side but Ira blocked me.

"Give me the directions. You can't drive with broken ribs." I rolled my eyes and did as he told.

"You better get us out of here fast then. Cameras are closing in." Paparazzi were five yards away and closing in on the group of us standing by the car. I hopped in the backseat, before they could snap any pictures of me.

 I hopped in the backseat, before they could snap any pictures of me

"Get on the highway South. I tell you the rest when were out of Boston." We left quicker than the ride out of Naples. "So we went to Galway to get his ass and then we came here? What time is it?"

"Five p.m., we stayed in Ireland a bit longer because of the weather. You were knocked out the entire time. Probably cause your body needed the rest." Connor tells me.

"Ana, Thomas as the IRA doing random unsanctioned jobs. I don't think mom knows about it so you'll have to tell her. Oh you have to be kidding me." Ira tries his best to stay clear of the Irish part of our family, if he was telling me this and not Connor something must be really wrong.

We hit traffic. 

Bumper to bumper traffic to be exact.

"We'll be home in no time." I say to him. "This is why I fly into Otis and drive up the coast the other way. Faster coming from the Cape."

"Well, Grand Duchess wasn't like you let us in on that little bit of information."

"The pilot knows I fly into Otis. We never fly into Boston unless Otis can't take us. Or when Nicky flies me here." I reminisced about that flight.

"Whatever. Will you tell mom about Thomas?"

"Do I have a choice?" The twins laughed and I punched them both. "Ow!" Came from the pair.

"Jackasses. The lot of you." Traffic slowly moved but we still were sitting at a crawl. "Pull off the next exit we all need to eat."

Ira did just that and I gave him directions to a restaurant close enough for us to eat and get out before anyone could recognize us.

Dinner was quick and we were back on the road before it got too late. Ira was flying down side roads. Traffic was still backed up on the highway so we were making great time.

"How was staying with our family?" I asked Cesar.

"Good. They all spoke in Gaelic so I didn't speak to them a lot. Mostly kept to my room and came out for meals and such."

"Did you go sight seeing at all?" I loved walking around the countryside. It was just as calming as sitting in front of the ocean.

"No. Your mom gave me orders to stay on the compound. For the last four weeks I've just been in the main house with your Tio."

"We don't like to claim him as our Uncle." Connor mutters.

"Agreed." Ira adds.

Cesar looks at me like what do I say and I shrugged.

"Ira next left and then a right. Yeah right here." He did just as I told him.

"The one with the tacky Christmas lights still up?"

"Yeah. You gonna tell our sister that they're tacky? Go right ahead." Evie pregnant was like a dictator that no one wants. The boys told me that she controlled every medical decision Cesar and Ma made for Oscar. As long as he was alive that's all I cared about.

We made it out of this shitty situation.

Alive.