Stassie-Fried Chicken

I drove straight through the night to get back into town. Around midnight I needed to crash, I drove to the embassy and fell asleep for a couple hours so I could recharge. Around two thirty my alarm went off and I got up to leave. It was a twenty minute ride so I wanted to give myself enough time to relax.

I walked out of the residency that my parents have and ran directly into Igor.

"Ana." He said.

"Igor." I tried to push past him but he caught my arm.

"Run away with me." I looked up at him.

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"Because you love me." I shook my head and turned away from him.

"No I don't." I began walking towards the exit and he yelled out.

"You did." It made me stop and turn around.

"Past tense, Igor. Past tense." I left with barely anytime to spear and I was kicking myself for even talking to that monster.

When Oscar pulled up right next to me I felt a wave of calm suddenly come over me. The entire meeting with Cuchillos he held my hand squeezing it every so often and it grounded me.

By the time we got back to the house it was still dark. I pulled in the driveway and Oscar pulled in blocking my Jeep.

"You hungry?" He asked. I nodded.

"Want fried chicken? I bought the stuff to make it earlier."

"Sure. What do you need help with?"

"Nothing really. Did you finish your study guides?"

"Almost just have history and literature left."

"Get cracking on that all I cook." He opened the back door and let me in.

I was standing at the fridge and noticed all the other food that I didn't buy. I turned around and Oscar was deep into his books.

I quickly put together the fried chicken and sat down at the table. I handed Oscar a plate and he thanked me but continued to keep his nose in his book.

"Your mom invited us to a party on New Year's Eve." I nodded.

"Annual thing, we usually do it in Ireland. Do you want to go?"

"Do we even have a choice? Cuchillos are going, they'll probably expect that engagement ring on your hand."

"You know that you'll have to wear a suit right?"

"Yeah. I can go get one done this week." I looked down at my phone calendar three weeks.

"I need to find a dress or get one made. We only have three weeks plus Christmas is smack dab in the middle." I was freaking out.

"Let me talk to Marisol Martinez."

"Who?"

"Ruby's abuelita. Oh can you call Cesar for him on Christmas?" I nodded.

"You get her to make me a dress and I'll call Cesar."

"Stass, the dress isn't that important. What about that one your wore for your birthday?"

"I burned it. I need a new one." Oscar lifted his eyes from the paper to look at me.

"We should call you Torch for all the shit you've burned."

"It's fitting."

"Alright talk to Abuelita soon."

"I'll go over there tomorrow. I could make a drop." My attention was brought back to what he said.

"Ruby's grans smokes weed?" He chuckled and nodded.

"There was a family in Los Santos that used to have a smoke shop, she was a regular there. She made dresses for all their rucas and they provided the green." I was laughing, uncontrollably.

"I already like her."

"She's a scary but a nice viejita." I nodded.

"I'm going to bed, night." I plated my dish in the sink.

"What bed you sleeping in?" I turned around.

"I don't know, why?" He stood, came over to me and picked me up.

"I wanted to snuggle." I slapped his ass.

"You're so gonna lose." He laughed and slammed his door shut.

Oscar set me down on the bed and I climbed in. I pulled the covers up to my chin and shut my eyes. He soon followed me and I felt him pull me into him. I looked up at him once and fell asleep instantly.

Short chapter. 

Just felt like writing today.

(This is my actual fried chicken recipe btw)

1 Packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning

3-4 Chicken Breasts

About 2 cups of buttermilk

Let that marinate in a gallon ziplock baggie (doesn't matter for how long).

 Take French's onion strings (about a cup) and a cup of flour and put that in a different baggie, making sure that you incorporate everything together. 

Heat up a skillet with enough oil to cover half the chicken while its in the pan. 

Take out one piece of chicken and put it in the onion strings and flour combination cover completely, continue this with the other pieces of chicken. 

Once your oil is nice and hot GENTLY place in pieces of chicken, one by one. Cook until done (I use a thermometer to check the temp). Let cool on a drying rack for about 5 minutes and serve.