Spooky-Gambling with Life

The entire dinner Stassie muttered and huffed about Evie and Mikey's wedding. I agreed mentally but I wasn't about to say anything. If they wanted to get married they should have done it the right way. We didn't need Mr. Kapvoich coming to California trying to take out my best friend. It also didn't help me try and stay neutral when the waitress kept Stass slushed on wine. She got so hammered that she could barely walk in her shoes.

Cesar helped me bring her back up to the suite and put her to bed before we left for the casino. Cesar had two days of freedom so I was gonna spend as much time as I could with him. 

We sat down at the roulette table and I played number seven as Stassie requested and ended up winning five hundred bucks.

"Dude keep playing!" Cesar cheered me on as I put more chips down. The dealer rolled the ball and we waited to see the results.

Again I won even more money. Cesar didn't help me when I tried to stop but egged me on instead. After the last time I lost I cashed out and grabbed two beers.

"Tacky wedding am I right?" I took a sip of beer and nodded.

"Stass kept saying shit and I wanted to laugh and agree with her but its Mikey."

"It is. Hey, why didn't Pedro come with you guys?" Pedro, Mikey's brother.

"I have most of the boys out looking for Stassie's ex boyfriend."

"Why?" I forgot that no one had spoken to him in a while and Evie didn't update him.

"Igor, that's the puto's name. He threatened Stass and I with some call. So, we went and stayed with their tia for a couple days, when we thought he was taken care of but then the boys told us that he was there at the house like minutes before us."

"So why do you have the Santos searching for some Russian dude?"

"We threatened us with death. So we're gonna torture him." Cesar choked on his beer, making it come out his nose and made me laugh.

"Goddamn I missed a lot." I nodded.

"Missed you, Mano."

"Same." We drank in peace watching the people walk around the casino.

              All of a sudden it sounded like a glass dropped on the ground and Cesar was holding onto me. I was half way to the ground, the bar top behind me was keeping me from falling onto my ass. 

What the hell happened? 

I looked at Cesar and he was freaking out. 

             The adrenaline in my body kicked in and then all of a sudden I felt the pain in my stomach. I looked down and my white dress shirt was slowly spreading blood in one spot. Someone in the crowd of people caught my eye and I started yelling for Cesar to get Stass.

The bartender came around and helped me to the floor. Cesar looked at me and then the crowd and must have registered what I was looking at. 

Igor.

Cesar took off and someone told me they called for an ambulance. I tried telling them I was fine but words got to difficult to get out so I sat waiting for something else to happen but nothing came.

Soon my eyesight got worse so, I closed my eyes and felt like I was falling asleep. Blackness spread across the once well lit casino floor. 

Darkness.

Death.