2

me: wait what who has jackson's phone?

big bro💚: this isn't jackson sorry

me: who is this then?

big bro💚: i'm ethan, but i just got a new number yesterday so i think i got your boyfriends old number.

me: jackson was my brother not my boyfriend.

ethan: oh my bad.
ethan: was?

me: he died.

ethan: i'm really sorry for your loss

me: it's fine.

ethan: do i get to know your name, mystery girl?

me: how do i know you're not some pedophile in his moms basement?

ethan: i'm not a pedo, i'm 17.

me: i don't believe you

ethan: you want my birth certificate or sum💀

me: i don't care THAT much

ethan: ouch
ethan: that stung
ethan: right in the heart☹️

me: sarcastic are we?

ethan: very, mystery girl.

me: well ethan i'm gonna go to homework. bye

ethan: bye mystery girl

i found myself slightly smiling with a small chuckle. i turn to the physics homework i had put off the whole weekend.

after i finished my homework i got into the shower just to try and relax.

my feet stepped into the shower one, then the other. i let the steaming hot water hit my back and wash away all my tenseness and stress. i took deep breaths as i felt the tears start to choke up again.

i cried as i finished showering. i stepped out of the shower, wrapping my towel around me, and walking to the mirror.

my hand slowly wiped across the foggy mirror to clear it. i took in my reflection with disgust. i looked so messy. the bags under my eyes were dark and huge, my eyes were puffy and red, and i just overall look extremely gross.

jackson always tried to keep my confidence up, and while that helped, i've never felt truly confident in how i look.

*flashback*

"if we don't go now, we're gonna be late" i heard jackson slightly yell upstairs to me. i was putting the finishing touches on my my makeup, before being done.

today is my sophomore homecoming, and jackson's junior homecoming.

his date had showed up to our house and took pictures while i finished getting ready. i'm going alone, because boys don't like me.

but jackson insisted that i still go to homecoming even if i didn't have a date, and hang with him. plus our friends would be going to. but i was the only single one in our friend group.

jackson didn't have a girlfriend technically, but he has been talking to this girl for about a month.

i walk down the stairs being very cautious because i'm in heels.

when i look up i see jackson with his phone pointed at me.

"jackson" i whined reaching for his phone.

"no soph you look gorgeous. absolutely stunning and i'm totally hyping you up." i chuckle. "i'm just the best brother ever and you know it." i smile and hug him.