26

BRUUHHHHH ETHANS POV!!!
(A/N: also in the book it's february)

grayson picked sophia up and twirled her around. he kept her in the air but close enough to kiss her. i sigh and look at my phone.

"you okay e?" stella asks me.

"uh yeah i'm fine." i say trying to leave the topic.

"ethan can we talk? alone?" she asks. i nod and speak to sophia and grayson.

"hey we're gonna go. you guys don't mind right?" they nod their heads and walk off hand in hand. i take a deep breath and tear my gaze away from their hands.

stella and i sit on the bench outside of the arcade and i wait for her to begin speaking.

"ethan you are such a sweet, caring, cute, funny, and amazing guy." she starts, but then pauses.

"oh no this sounds like a breakup." i joke but she didn't laugh. wait what?

"ethan we've been together for about 3ish months. and i've had so so much fun getting to know you and being with you. but i need to know before we keep going" she pauses looking me straight in the eyes. "i'm falling for you and you don't feel the same i think we should separate." her soft and small voice says.

"did i do something? what it something i said? stel i like you." i said grabbing her hands.

"i'm glad you do but i think you have feelings for her too." stella says nodding her head towards someone behind me. but before even looking i knew exactly who she was talking about.

i turn my head to see sophia and grayson laughing by his car. i love her smile.

i turn my head back to stella and look down. damn i didn't even know.

"ethan it's okay i promise you i'm not mad. i just needed to make sure before we kept this going any longer so neither of us got hurt. i care about you e. so much. and i hope we can stay good friends." i nod and pull her in for a hug.

i didn't lie though. i like stella. i just don't love her.

we said our goodbyes and stella called her brother to pick her up. i left and drove home.

when i got there, anyone with eyes could tell i was upset. i'm not sure if i was upset because i just got broken up with or upset because i realized that i have feelings for sophia.

and she's with grayson.

"e?" her soft and soothing voice knocks on my door.

i turn my head and shove the paper i was writing into the drawer of my desk.

"hey soph, what's up?" i say, low energy.

"are you okay? you seem sad." she enters my room and sits on my bed.

"stella and i broke up." i say. sophias jaw drops.

"wait what are you okay? what happened?" she rushes to my side and wraps me in a much, much, needed hug. i smell her vanilla perfume and hug her tighter.

"we just weren't going anywhere and i uh, i didn't feel for her like she felt for me." sophia nods her head. i don't look her in the eyes because of i do she'll know i'm not telling her everything.

"ethan you're not look at me what else are you not telling me?" how did she-

i cant tell her that i have feeling s for her. she's with my brother and i would NEVER jeopardize his feelings or go for his girl. EVER.

"she figured out i had feelings for someone else before even i knew myself." her eyes go wide and she swallows hard.

"oh?" she asks nervously.

" it doesn't matter." i can see her itching to press the topic more but she doesn't and i'm glad.

"well if you ever need anyone to talk to or anything you know you always have me okay. i'm still your best friend whether you like it or not idiot." she says hugging me again. butterflies erupt in my stomach and i mentally face palm.

oh greattttt

she leaves my room and i continue to write.

BACK TO SOPHIAS POV

i peel back into his room and begins to write again. i really REALLY wanna know what he's writing but it's not my business.

he has feelings for someone else?

figures.

i walk back downstairs and sit on the couch with grayson. my mind keeps thinking about what ethan said. i shouldn't be but i am.

"you okay?" grayson asks.

"hm? yep." i say trying my best to sound believable.

"okay well, what did ethan say?" grayson asked.

"him and stella broke up." i said.

"what? is he okay? should i go talk to him?" he starts slightly freaking out.

"he seems really closed off right now but it might just be me. i mean you are his twin brother." i say. grayson nods and contemplates it. he finally gets up and tells me that he'll be back.

——
A/N: grayson pov next oopsie

VOTE PRETTY PLEASE