49

i heard light snores escape ethans mouth as he must've fallen asleep while watching tv.

i carefully move ethans arm from around me so that i could get up and go to my own bed. i succeed and get up, quickly exiting his room.

-

i woke up fairly late today, considering i stayed up late last night watching tv with ethan.

i walked out of my room and into the kitchen. grayson was cooking and turned when i entered the room.

"goodmorning soph!" he chirps.
(A/N: as always this is for caitlin and caitlin only whiskgrant )

"morning gray! watcha making?" i ask.

"scrambled eggs with cheese. you want some?" he asks.

"yes pretty please" i smile and he chuckles. i then hear footsteps coming towards us causing my head to turn. ethan smoked and joined us for breakfast.

-

i see ethan walk into the living room with my and grayson. he changed, and was now wearing light grey sweat shorts with a black shirt that says heartless on it.

"that shirt looks so familiar" i say squinting my eyes.

"wait yes yes you got it for me as a present!!!" he says excitedly.

"CHRISTMAS!! WAIT I REMEMBER BUYING THE SHIRT! I REMEMBER WRAPPING IT AND BEING SUPER EXCITED!" i say jumping up and down and remember something.

"look at you remembering and stuff." ethan says hugging me. i hug back and take in his scent. he smells good.

"yeah i just wish i could remember past grayson and i's breakup" i say.

"did the doctor say we were allowed to tell you stories about things that happened?" grayson asked.

"yes, but he said to do it slowly so my brain has time to link the pieces together, without overwhelming myself." i say. grayson nods.

"okay. so let's start with what you do remember. do you remember why you and i broke up?" grayson asked.

"barely. i remember feeling relieved. i'm guessing it was because we both didn't really feel for eachother that way?" i asked.

"yes and no. we kissed on new years and felt something, but we both agreed-" and i remembered the conversation.

"that we were better off as best friends.." i say slowly.

"did you just remember that?" ethan asked.

"yeah as soon as grayson started the story, it was like the memory played in my mind all over again." i say amazed.

"wait okay are you up for a second story?" ethan asks.

"yeah i should stop if my head starts to hurt." he nods.

"you probably remember this but you love to sing." i nod. "when you and i first met, we would go on car trips and just sing in the car." he says with a sweet smile on his face. i let his words sink in and i furrow my eyebrows.

"when you and i first met? i don't remember that, come to think of it. how did i meet you both?" i asked.

"you texted jackson's old number?...." ethan says trying to slowly and carefully job my memory. i sat and thought for a second. "but it was mine?" he adds again. i shake my head.

"you thought i was him" grayson says chuckling.

"wait wait wait wait. i bumped into you in the hallway" i said pointing to grayson.

"YES!" he says.

"i remember being nervous about something and then i bumped into you." i say. ethans face was defeated.

"i don't understand how you only remember him" he says getting frustrated. i begin to feel bad again.

he gets up off the couch and walks outside. i feel the need to go after him so i follow him.

the sun was setting and it was honestly beautiful outside.

"ethan..." i softly say. "i'm really sorry..." i apologize.

"soph it's okay. it's not your fault. i shouldn't have gotten frustrated. i cant imagine how frustrating it is for you." he said. he looked over to me again and our eyes met.

like last time but i decided to talk not moving my eyes from his.

"can i ask you something?" i almost whisper.

"yeah of corse" he matches my tone.

"did we love eachother?" i ask.

"yes we did. i still do. with my whole entire heart." he whispers getting closer to my face, but not connecting our lips.

"i want to remember..." i say. we're now inches apart.

"let me try something" i say bringing my hand to his soft cheek. he sucks in a sharp breath just from my touch making me smile.

"w-what-" he starts.

"shhh" i say finally pressing my lips on his.

explosions in my brain and heart. that's the only way i can explain the feeling. it was fucking amazing.

once i released, i looked down and smiled extremely big.

"please tell me you felt that." ethan pleads.

"in every inch of my body" i answer back. he smiles a beautiful smile and i look out to the sky.

"i miss going to the beach with you." the words tumble out of my mouth and ethan whips his head in my direction again.

"wait what did you just say?" he asks.

"i said that i miss our beach trips— OH MY GOD. I DID IT. I REMEMBERED!!" i said jumping into his arms.

we kissed again and i got the same electrifying feeling surging through my body.

"guess what?" i say with a smile.

"your middle name is grant and you used to call me mystery girl when we first met." i say happily.

"wow so the magic key to remembering again is kissing me..." grabs my face. "good to know" he smashes his lips on mine again and we both smile through the kiss.

"i love you" i say finally being able to feel it again.

———
A/N: FINALLLYYYYYYY

HOPE U ENJOYED.

VOTE PLS