8

over the next few days ethan and i were inseparable. i spent most days and nights at his place, we would either watch movies and talk, or go on adventures.

he became my bestfriend so quickly. and i just love that i finally have someone to lean on instead of standing alone forever.

"hey, how would you feel about going to the park today?" ethan entered his room and asked.

"i'm down, you wanna have a picnic or something? there's that big open field with the large stone area at mulberry park." i suggested.

"yes! okay i'll get the food and stuff while you get ready." i grabbed his wrist before he could race out. he gave me a questioning look and i spoke.

"why don't we just pick up some chick-fil-a it would be a whole lot easier." i say chuckling. him and i both LOVE chick-fil-a.

"smart." he said smiling. he left the room and went down the stairs to grab blankets since it's chilly outside.

i grabbed one of his hoodies since i didn't have one and met him downstairs.

"wearing my hoodie again i see." he said chuckling.

"oh hush the only other hoodies i own are 2 of mine and jackson's blue champion hoodie, all of which are at my place." he starts laughing.

"i don't mind. you look good in my hoodies, don't worry." he said. i smiled at his sweet statement and turned around to grab my phone off the charger. i felt my cheek suddenly get warm. i brought my hands to my face and lightly pressed them to my cheeks. my eyebrows furrowed as i realized i was....blushing?

"okay i got everything let's go!" ethan said excitedly. "i'm driving!" he added making me laugh.

we headed out to the car and he unlocked it allowing both of us to get in.

he handed me the aux cord for me to play music as always, with a cheesy smile. i rolled my eyes playfully and started playing music. i decided it was a tame impala day, and shuffled my playlist.

we both happily sang along to the songs, as we drove to the chick-fil-a.

"i hope you know i'm paying for chick-fil-a today." i stated.

"okay fine but only because i promised you i would let you pay next time." he says. i smile and start to get out my card.

i kept my card in my phone case along with my drivers license so that i wouldn't forget it anywhere, and so i didn't have to carry a purse.

i dug my fingers into the side of my case attempting to get it off of my phone. after some struggling, i finally got the case off, but my drivers license went flying over to ethans side. i grunted in frustration, while he laughed and picked it up for me.

instead of giving it back, he looked at it.

"NONONONO!" i yelled trying to get it out of his hands.

one: my picture was butt ass ugly
two: my name is on that...

"the picture is so cute!" he says. i pouted waiting for him to give me the card back. no use in fighting it now.

"saint?" he asked me confused. my heart dropped. i haven't heard that name in a long time.

"uh....yeah." i say not wanting to talk about it.

"why didn't you tell me sophia wasn't your name?" he asked confused.

"it is. it's just my middle name. my full name is saint sophia parker. i stopped going by saint a while ago. the only person i ever let call me that was jackson and my mom. when my mom died i never wanted to hear it again. but sometimes jackson would call me by saint, forgetting. but slowly everyone stopped. i hate hearing it now because it reminds me of my mom and my brother." i say fiddling with my fingers.

"it's a beautiful name" ethan says. i lightly smile and look up at him.

"thanks.." i slowly say.

"it doesn't sound so bad when you say it." i thought out loud. he smiled and i SWORE i saw his cheeks get red. but before i could fully tell, he turned to grab the food from the drive thru window.

he thanked the lady, and drove out of the parking lot.

"hm. saint." he says getting used to it. "i don't know wether to call you soph or saint now" he says.  i chuckle and look ahead.

"i don't know if i'm ready to be called saint again to be honest. i can still hear my mom and brothers voice saying it." i paused.

"i would do just about anything to hear their voices again." i commented. he smiled at me sadly and continued to drive to the park. once we got there we set up the blankets, sat, and talked.

"okay, okay. i call a 20 questions round" ethan said. i raised my eyebrows and spoke.

"ethan, you know pretty much everything about me now." i said referring to my name.

"apparently not....i'm just kidding. but seriously there is no possible way that i know everything about you." i sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"your on." i said.

"okay." he hummed thinking. "what is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you."

"when i was a freshman i was at a party with my brother and our friends. a bunch of people were playing spin the bottle so we joined. it landed on me and i got so scared i started crying and ran away." i shook my head. "i was 14 years old. what the fuck." we both started laughing.

"how many girlfriends have you had?" i asked, genuinely curious.

"2. both of which cheated on me, and used me for popularity." ethans head starts to hang low. i frown as my heart breaks for him.

"e, you didn't deserve that. you are the most kind, caring, thoughtful, amazing, guy that i have ever met." he smiled at me and i smiled at him.

i tore my eyes away from his and cleared my throat.

"okay um my turn." he scratched the back of his neck thinking.

"what's your most embarrassing date story?" he asked.

"okay, okay, so freshman year, the guy i liked asked me out for a pizza date. of course i said yes. so keep in mind i was awkward, had no experience since this was my first date, and i thought i had to kiss him. so i got my breath spray and everything." i paused shaking my head remembering how dumb i looked.

"so he gets to my house, and we left to go on the date. we only had to walk up the road to get to the pizza shop so we awkwardly walked with absolutely no conversation....it was so cringey.

anyways, we ordered our pizza and sat down. mid pizza eating, he looked over at me and i took this as a cue he wanted to kiss me. so i leaned in like an idiot and he dodged me so hard. he then says 'i was gonna say u have sauce all over your face...' i was so embarrassed that i told him my brother needed me home and i left." ethan was wheezing laughing by the time i finished the story.

"damn and you never got that kiss." he said.

"nope not even to this day." ethan widens his eyes and i furrow my eyebrows.

"you're telling me that was closest you ever got to ever kissing anyone?" i nodded my head.

"we gotta fix that." he says confidently.

"yeah good luck finding someone who would do that. everyone my age knows how and i don't. i'll look stupid." i said sadly.

"you need someone you can trust." ethan said looking at me.

"who?" i asked.

"do you trust me?" ethan asks me.

"yeah—wait no you don't wanna do that" i say. i'm not saying i was opposed to the idea of kissing ethan, it's just im a scared little bitch.

"i really don't mind soph." he said calmly.

"ethan are you sure you wanna—" i was cut off by ethans lips pressed against mine.

turns out my body already knew what to do because i kissed him back like it was the last thing i'll ever do.

———————-
A/N: lol