38

once the plane had landed, we made our way to baggage claim and left the airport. as sad as i was to see spring break go, i was excited to get ready for prom.

luckily it's next week, and i just got all tan from the beach. perfect. timing.

-

ethan has dropped me off back home, and i entered my house like usual.

except not usual.

my father was home. that NEVER happens.

"uh dad?" i say.

"you're home." he says STILL not looking up at me. what's his deal?

"yep..." i say starting to walk upstairs.

"hold on a minute sophia" he says looking down at his phone.

"yeah?" i ask.

"why didn't you tell me you were going on a vacation with boys?" he asks. also still not looking at me.

"i told you i went with friends. i never specified gender." i say shortly. i then try to walk away again only to be stopped.

"you better not be pregnant or i'm kicking you out." he says.

"the fuck? i'm not pregnant nor did i have sex with either of them." (at least not on that vacation😳)

"what your language saint" he says. my heart stops.

"DONT FUCKING CALL ME THAT." i scream.

"calm down right now." he says getting up. flashbacks from the past start running through me and i get nervous. he's looking at everything else but me and it's so obvious.

"why wont you look at me?" i ask fed up.

"i cant." he says shortly.

"why." i say.

"it's not fair that you survived and jackson didnt." he says.

"oh wow. so i supposed you would've rather your daughter died than your son?" i ask dryly.

"he was always better than you, anyways." he says finally looking at me.

"YOU ASSHOLE." i say. "i'm fucking leaving" i say starting to feel tears running down my cheeks.

i run upstairs and shove a bunch of clothes in a bag and go back downstairs.

"oh and fuck you." i say. i see his face get angry as he starts to walk fast to me. i get scared that he's going to hit me, so i run out the door and to my car.

"get your ass back here you ungrateful bitch!" he yells and i just cry driving away. the only place i know to go is ethans house. he's my safe place.

i pull into his drive way, dried tears on my cheeks and red puffy eyes. i bring my hand up to the door and knock.

the door soon opens to a shirtless ethan. his face drops as he takes in my state. his arms fly around me and embrace me in a hug.

"babe what's wrong? are you okay? what happened?" he says frantically. i just cry into his shoulder and he hugs me tighter.

he soon pulls me into the house and we go into his room.

"babe please talk to me." he softly and gently says.

"m-my dad. he was home which never happens. so when i went inside after you dropped me off, i guess he saw i was with two guys instead of girls. he wasn't pleased. but you know how he's never here and barely in my life.

so i told him he had no say regardless. he assumed that we had sex over the trip and told me that if i was pregnant that he'd kick me out. i got mad and yelled at him. then he called me by my real name and i fucking lost it." i start to cry again.

"we yelled back and fourth and i asked why he refused to look at me. he told me he would've rather it be me who died instead of jackson. he didn't even want to look at me ethan! so i grabbed my stuff and before i left i said fuck you. and he basically chased me out of the house.

if i stayed any longer i think he would've actually hit me. he even said when i pulled out of the driveway to 'get you ass back here you ungrateful bitch.' i just fucking hate him e" i say crying.

"i'm so so sorry soph. he's such an asshole. you're welcome to stay here as long as you'd like. my mom loves you so there won't be an issue with that." i sniffle and nod.

-

eventually ethan calms me down and i fall asleep from being emotionally exhausted. crying sucks the actual life out of you honestly.

i wake up not too long after and check my phone.

7pm
5 messages from father
1 message from eth

father: you bitch
father: come home right fucking now
father: i bet you're at one of those boys houses.
father: you're such a whore.
father: it should've been you.

that hurt, not gonna lie. i'm just gonna ignore it though. i have no clue how i'm gonna move all the way to la with ethan and grayson now.

eth: went to get some dinner for us, be back in like 20.

as if on perfect timing i see ethan walk into the room with a chick-fil-a bag and a big smile.

the cutest human being on earth.

"here you go sleeping beauty." he says i chuckle and thank him.

once i'm finished eating, ethan and i just talk for a little while. it's honestly really comforting to just lay with ethan and talk.

i'm so in love with him.

——-
A/N: this chapter sucked i'm sorry :/

next chapter i hope will be better

i'm sorry :(