47

day whatever in the hospital, and i still haven't managed to remember much. they let me have my phone today so maybe i'll be able to jog my memory that way.

i grab my phone and put my thumb over the home button. the phone unlocks, and i decide to look through the contacts.

maybe i'll remember some people.

"hey soph whatcha doin?" grayson walks into my room and sets down a bag of taco bell.

"about to eat the fuck out of that taco bell, that's what." we chuckle and i eat while looking through my phone.

"okay but actually, the doctors said i could start using my phone again, to maybe jog my memory and keep myself occupied." he nods.

i swipe my finger on the screen and look through the contacts.

kallie
allison
dani
remy
josh

"woah wait i remember them" i said pointing to my phone. grayson glances but is still confused.

"these were jackson and i's old friends from our old school. kallie and allison were sisters, kallie in my grade who was my bestfriend, and allison in jackson's grade. dani and josh we're together and josh was jackson's bestfriend. remy was josh's younger sister. i don't think i've really talked to them since we moved." i said remembering slowly.

"you never mentioned them before. so i don't know" he says.

"i guess if i never mentioned them, they must not have ever contacted me again." i say. grayson nods and i look back at my contacts list.

"i don't remember anyone else" i say sadly.

"it's okay sophia, you'll get it back. i promise" he says.

-

i've now been in this hospital for almost two weeks and i get discharged TODAY. i'm way too excited.

they told me that my brain was recovering well and i could start jogging my memory again. not too much though or of course, i'll go into shock again.

"okay soph so you're staying with us, since your father is being investigated for hurting you." lisa says i smile and feel relief wash over me.

"thank you so much lisa." i say gratefully.

"anytime sweetie. you're family." she says. my heart warms at the statement and i smile.

when we arrive at their house, i see ethan come downstairs with a bag. he slowly hands me the bag and stays quiet.

"what's this?" i ask.

"it's um, i well- i went to your place and got your favorite clothes that you like to wear. since you'll be living here, i figured that you'd want to wear your clothes.." he says softly. it's like he's scared to talk to me or something. but since i know he's my boyfriend and before all this mess we were in a serious relationship, i throw my arms around him in a hug.

"thank you ethan!" i say thankful for the sweet gesture. he slowly wraps his arms around my waist and hugs back. he savors the hug before i let go.

"you're welcome soph" he says softly again. he's partially closing himself off and i can feel it. i think it's because i hurt him and he doesn't want to get hurt again. i feel fucking awful.

"okay so you've got the guest room to yourself with a closet and all, but you're going to have to share a bathroom with the boys." lisa says apologetically and i chuckle.

"that's perfectly fine" i say happily.

"okay then let's get you settled in" grayson speaks up.

he helps me carry the bag of clothes that ethan brought up to the guest room- well my new room, and i unpack.

well i'm finished i go downstairs and hear people talking.

"gray the concert is in a month. what if she never remembers me and our special concert just doesn't happen?" a voice which i think belongs to ethan says.

"e, she'll remember. even the doctors said that she should be gaining back her memories soon." grayson comforts ethan.

"i really really hope so." he says. my heart wrenches for ethan. i feel so bad that i caused that.

i decide to come out and act like i never heard their conversation.

"hey guys" i say walking over to the couch where they were seated. i sat down next to grayson and glanced at the tv.

"south park! i LOVE this show! you know someone i know loves that show too but i can't really remember who or how i know that" i say.

"me" ethan pipes up quickly. i turn my head to him. "y-you and i used to binge watch south park" he stutters with wide eyes.

my face formed a smile.

"that sounds like it was so much fun" i say, my smile faltering once i realize that i don't remember that at all. i just remember having a friend who liked south park.

ethan turns back to the tv and i do too. grayson places his hand on my upper back and rubs it softly.

"it's not your fault you can't remember soph. please don't beat yourself up for it" he says. i nod and glance back over to ethan.

he wipes a single tear away quickly thinking no one saw it.

but i did.

and i wish i didn't.

————
A/N: still setting up the ending in SORRY. pls don't h8 me

VOTE PLS EVEN THOUGH THIS BOOK SUCKS RN