46

"who are you?" i ask.

the whole room goes silent and everyones faces drain of every drop of color.

i look over to grayson and his eyes are stuck open wide, while his lips are parted slightly.

"honey that's ethan, your boyfriend." lisa says causing my heart to shatter.

i look back at ethan and i see his eyes filled with tears. i scrunch my eyes closed and hold my hand trying to force some memory of the poor boy back into my brain.

i take a deep breath and let back out a sigh.

"i'm so sorry...um....god what was it? ethan! right. i feel horrible that i don't remember my own boyfriend." i say. he shakes his head and a couple tears escape his sad, but beautiful eyes.

"it's fine. i-i'm just gonna go." he says softly. god i feel terrible.

"i just broke that boys heart..." i say feeling like such a shitty person.

"sophia this isn't your fault. it's not your fault that you can't remember" grayson says rubbing the tops of my hand softly for comfort.

"i know...i just i remembered you guys, so why can't i remember him? especially if i was in a relationship with him?" i ask.

"i don't know sweetie but it'll come back. i know it will." she reassures me.

"do you remember anything about a tame impala concert?" grayson asks bringing my attention to him.

"i'm going to a tame impala concert??? OH MY GOD!" i yell freaking the fuck out. i LOVE tame impala.

"yeah, ethan bought you those tickets for your birthday so that the two of you could go together." he says trying to jog my memory.

"memory or no memory i'm still going to go with him." i stayed causing everyone in the room to chuckle.

"how long do i have to stay here?" i ask.

"the nurses said you will be discharged once your concussion starts showing signs of improvement along with your ribs. you can technically start moving around too much or your ribs won't heal correctly." lisa explains.

"oh..." i say feeling defeated.

"soph don't worry everything is going to be okay. i'm gonna come visit you every single day until you get better." grayson says. i smile and thank him.

"i'll even smuggle you some taco bell for lunch tomorrow" he whispers causing me to laugh.

"you'll be my favorite person ever if you do" i comment. he nods and laughs.

i hear a knock on the door and i see a man walk in. a man i know too well.

my father.

grayson stands up and gets in front of my line of sight, shielding me from my father. woah what?

"can i tall to my daughter in price please?" he asks with a nasty attitude.

"mmmmmm i don't think so" grayson answers back.

"if i want to talk to my piece of shit daughter alone i can and will." he roars. suddenly i feel my heart rate rise and the heart monitor goes ballistic.

i see tunnel vision and i feel myself slipping. slipping from reality? am i going to sleep?

*
i walked into the house after another day of 3rd grade. i had a semi okay day, and was awaiting being able to see my mom.

"saint where the fuck are you?!" he dad roars.

"honey please stop, she just walked in the door from school she's done nothing wrong-" my mom tries to defend me.

"shut up bitch i yell at the slut if i want to." he says getting up from the table. i run up to my room and lock the door. i quickly push my dresser in front of it and climb into my closet.

i usually do this until my father forgets about the situation. my mom is too weak to say much more than that, so i'm still thankful for her giving her best try for her condition.

after about 30 minutes or so, i hear a few slight knocks on my door. i stay silent scared that it was my father.

"saint? it's me. can i come in?" i her jackson's comforting voice. i sniffle and i do my protective barrier looking thing.

i open the door and jackson immediately hugs me.

"you don't deserve this sissy, i'm sorry" jackson consoles, and i just nod.

*

i wake up with a gasp for air and look around. i'm not in my house, i'm still in the hospital.

i look to my left and see grayson again.

"p-please tell me he left" i say feeling the fear of my father.

"he did sophia don't worry"

"i remembered some things though. i had a dream or a memory about one day when i came home from school, i was around 8. i remember my dad used to yell and scream at my mom and i when he was in a bad mood or drunk. i also remembered that my real name is saint. but i hate when people call me it." i say.

"did my dad do this to me?" i ask.

"we don't know for sure but it's the only explaination for house you got beat up so badly." grayson says and i nod.

"can you tell the nurse that i never want to see him again, please?" i ask. grayson nods and exits the room.

that leaves lisa and i in the room.

"lisa?" i ask.

"yes darling?" she answers.

"can you tell me things so my memory comes back?" i ask.

"i would love to but the doctors said that you brain is too weak right now and if we overload it with information it could shut down again but do even more damage. and since want you to get better and remember again, you have to take time and let the memories come back naturally. but if it helps, we can bring you through your daily routines and such when you get home? maybe that can help jog your memory." she says. i smile at her and nod.

"i'll do anything."

———-
A/N: kind of a long filler. sorry this chapter was terrible.

trying to set up the ending so bare with me :) ily.

VOTE PLSSSS