25

it's been about a month since grayson and i started i guess you could call it dating? he never officially asked me "hey do you wanna be my girlfriend?" but like we're trying to act thay way?

i don't really know but it's bothering me. grayson is coming over today, and i plan on asking him about it.

-

my hand reaches for the doorknob, opening the door to let grayson in.

"hey gray" i say. he hugs me and then places his lips on mine. i kiss back and we head into the living room and chill on the couch.

"what would you like to do today soph?" he asks falling onto the couch and i follow.

"i actually wanted to talk about something." i say bringing the topic into conversation.

"what's up?" he asks.

"what are we?" i ask him just ripping it off like a bandaid. grayson sighs and looks down.

"i have no idea soph. i was questioning the same thing." he says looking back up to me. "i like you, and i still want to see where this goes. i just know exactly know where we stand as of now."

"me either. i feel we're both walking on eggshells right now. by that i mean it's awkward and different." i say. grayson nods.

"exactly. i mean we both obviously know each other really well and we were really close before all of this so i feel like this should be easy." he said softly.

"same, i guess that's why i'm confused." i pause and silence fills the air.

"let's try to go out and have some fun maybe that will help." grayson offers.

"okay...what'd you have in mind?" i ask.

"arcade?" he asks with a childish smile playing on his lips.

"i'm down." i keep looking him and his smile.

"what?" he asks.

"nothing it just cute when you're excited." i say giving him a quick peck on the lips. he smiles sheepishly and i grab his hand.

"let's go!!" i said excitedly.

you know what? maybe we can have some fun and feel like a normal couple. keep an open mind you know?

-

when we arrive, i'm quick to go straight for the ski ball machine since i'm KILLER at that game.

"okay whoever gets the looses by the lowest score has to by ice cream" i say swiping my the game card that we had.

"oh your going down parker" grayson says. i giggle and we start the game.

at first grayson has the lead, but i still stay focused. then i get a 10,000 and i fly ahead of him.

"HA!" i yell in excitement. graysons game has ended as did mine and i won.

"you gotta buy us ice cream now looser." i say joking around. grayson fake frowns and wraps his arms around my waist. my arms by instinct travel up and rest on his shoulders and around his neck.

"good game though," i said grayson hummed before kissing me. i kissed back and smiled. now this feels like it should.

graysons hands slide lower catching me off guard, but i don't show it. uh ok there buddy...

we both release from the kiss and grayson locks our fingers together. we both walk to find a different game to play.

grayson saw the basketball machines and his eyes lit up. oh no way i'm good at this game TOO.

"double or nothing?" he asks i nod my head quickly and run over to the machines.

after playing that game too i won again. "so does this mean you have to buy us both ice cream twice?" i ask.

"i guess so..." he said, dumbfounded that i beat him twice. i chuckle and turn around to walk to another game but accidentally run into something. well- someONE.

"oh i'm so sorry-" i say but am cut off by the person i ran into speaking.

"sophia?" he asks. well i'd recognize that voice ANYWHERE.

"ethan? what're you doing here?" i ask.

"i'm here with stella for a date, but she in the bathroom." he says. "hey gray." ethan moves his attention to grayson.

"hey bro" he greets. i see stella walk back to ethan and greet us as well.

"do you guys wanna hang out and make it a double date?" stella asks.

"i uh-" i stutter not knowing what to say since grayson and i came here to fix whatever problem there was making this relationship weird.

"that would be fun." ethan adds. i look at grayson and he doesn't know what to say either.

"uh yeah sure." i agree.

the four of us walk over to the motor cycle racing machines and play.

"okay stella and i versus grayson and sophia." we all nod. stella and i race each other first, trying to win. she's really good at this game and for a second i thought she would beat me but at the last- and i mean last second i crossed three finish line first.

i jump off the motorcycle and into graysons arms. he's smiling and i am too. i place my hands on his cheeks and kiss him.

"good job baby" he says. i still internally cringe, don't know why.

"thank you! now it's your turn to kick ethans ass." i say grayson nods and they begin their race.

"you two are so cute together." stella says.

"thank you! we aren't dating but we're together i guess?" i say confused. she nods her head.

"well whatever it is, it's adorable." i smile at her and thank her again.

we both hear yelling and turn our heads.

"YES TAKE THAT GRAYSON!" ethan yells. he must've won.

(A/N: duh.)

"okay so that means we need a tie breaker." i say.

we end up playing 2 more games before determining a winner. which was grayson and i.

grayson picked me up and twirled us around. he kept me in the air but close enough to kiss me. maybe this did fix some things.

———-
A/N: soo....next chapter. get ready.

VOTE PLS!!!